No Thank You to a Bowl Rematch

shaft

Armed Forces is not and will not consider UNT... Armed Forces is a UTSA/LT vs Army match up. 

38 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Yes, I generally agree. But I also want to at least let our coach and AD see what the options are before ruling any bowl in or out. 

They are already eyeing a few select bowls and I’ve heard SL favors a game in FL but I have no idea why. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

There’s 6 likely options; the 3 DFW bowls, Independence, New Mexico, and New Orleans.

I’d rule out the Armed Forces Bowl because of the rematch.

Frisco seems a bit small.

Why go to New Mexico or New Orleans this season?  May be good to keep those bowls fresh for another season.

So that boils it down to Heart of Dallas vs Independence.

29 minutes ago, SouthBendGreen said:

I'm thinking you are joking here? Outside of Texas, Florida is the biggest hotbed for high school football talent in the country.

Simmer Down Now.  Let’s not out kick the coverage.

Our recruiting focus is TX, OK, LA.  Mac blew a key recruiting by spending too much time out of state.

39 minutes ago, shaft said:

There’s 6 likely options; the 3 DFW bowls, Independence, New Mexico, and New Orleans.

I’d rule out the Armed Forces Bowl because of the rematch.

Frisco seems a bit small.

Why go to New Mexico or New Orleans this season?  May be good to keep those bowls fresh for another season.

So that boils it down to Heart of Dallas vs Independence.

Agreed on these points.. from what I have heard..Frisco is out and not even a consideration because of size, Armed Forces is out because it’s Army.. 

to me it’s Down to HoD or Independence.. I really wish for a chance at Alamo bowl but it’s looking like TCU vs Washington and I don’t want to play either.

37 minutes ago, SouthBendGreen said:

I'm thinking you are joking here? Outside of Texas, Florida is the biggest hotbed for high school football talent in the country.

I get recruiting FL, but we are should be focusing in on Texas kids then expand out.. we are losing on plenty of kids in the state. 

Also, the bowl that is the rumored fav for SL has a non-sexy match up for us and likely not for fans in FL.