How great is our Stadium!

Wag Tag

Everyone, if you enjoyed things (anything) this year.. Please email the staff (not just WB, but the departments as well) what you enjoyed and want them to keep for next season! Tell them what was a dud so (hopefully) it can be removed and something else can be done to improve the experience! 

Alittle things like this will vastly improve the experience for us fans, and hopefully others for them to get on board.

• Lovely Take 3

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I would like them to use one of those empty concession booths to sell merchandise....the team store was packed and it took to long to ring up items. 

Email WB/Peek/JM about this. They have a team store at Gate 4 that is never used, and Barnes & Nobles UNT has a stand under the Wing.. would love to see the team store expanded!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

As I was watching the game and loosing my voice I looked around and really realized how great our stadium is! I would like to give a shoutout to the stadium staff for their courtesy! The atmosphere is Dynomite! 

I've only seen a couple of minor issues with the CSC staff this year and overall they've been very friendly and helpful.  Always courteous and friendly to everyone when leaving the game.  I don't recall any "section nazis" trying to annoy the fans this year either (unlike last year).

Now, the UNT/Denton police (or whoever it is) is a totally different story. I've seen or experienced several examples of their actions that really hit one of my hot-button items.  I hate when any employee (especially in professional occupations), exhibits incompetence and stupidity at their job.  The only thing worse is that in each case, they doubled-down and acted like total jerks in each case.  These departments should be embarrassed by their representatives.

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I would like them to use one of those empty concession booths to sell merchandise....the team store was packed and it took to long to ring up items. 

I've posted lots of times that I WANT MY CORNY DOGS!!!!

14 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Email WB/Peek/JM about this. They have a team store at Gate 4 that is never used, and Barnes & Nobles UNT has a stand under the Wing.. would love to see the team store expanded!

Good idea.  Maybe I'll see if WB is a corny dog fan too.

• Upvote 2

1. The yellow coat service staff was awesome this year!  Thank you for leading these people differently and encouraging them to enhance not detract from the experience. 

2. The NORTH TEXAS chant with the cheerleaders needs some help.  Why doesn't the announcer yell out the letters too, oh wait he is not sure what to do either.  This cheer needs a major overhaul.  But at the Tennessee game a few weeks back I liked how the announcer jumped into the chants too when spelling out the letters VOLS.  What are we doing with this cheer and can someone work with the cheer squad to get some organization to it.  You can see 20,000 fans wanting to jump in and participate but not knowing exactly what to do.  Perhaps the band can help out too.  Let's get this in order for the bowl game.

3. The way we do North Texas in the second half, we need to do Mean Green in the first half.  We also need a way to get this started up when the team needs some emotional encouragement.  When things got tight in the second half and we wanted to get a stop I wanted us to jump into the North Texas chant to rock the Black Knights a bit and get our boys fired up to make a defensive play.  But how do you get that started from the stands.  Perhaps when cued the announcer could bring Mason back up to get our loud cheer started.

4. Can we get a banner for the band?  I would love the students to unfurl a flag banner but they are not guaranteed to be at every game.  Now the band Is and all 4000 of them could unfurl that banner between the first and second quarter or start of the game or whenever.  We'll even let them design the darn thing - Best band in the land, Go Green Brigade, Love our tunes - whatever, just get it by next season!

Those are my suggestions.

GMG

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I would like them to use one of those empty concession booths to sell merchandise....the team store was packed and it took too long to ring up items. 

As a kid I went to to my first college FB game at Rice Stadium.  It was Jess Neely's Owls vs. John Bridges Baylor Bears.  (Neely always wore a brown suit on the sideline).  Don Trull was the Baylor QB & Brazosport HS product King Hill I believe was the Rice QB.

Anyhow, under the Rice Stadium press box side they had 2 free-standing kiosk with sports merchandise for Rice plus the opponent (Baylor), too. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1