These cheap SOBs!

North Texas Shep

Who would have thought that the cheapest/dirtiest team our players faced all season would be Army!??!?? I mean they are supposed to be the finest of the finest. They will one day fight for our country... This does not sit well with me. Their coaches should be ashamed. Oh, and the refs and play review folks should all be fired for overturning that targeting call. GOOD WIN THOUGH! 6 - 0 at home! GMG!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, North Texas Shep said:

Who would have thought that the cheapest/dirtiest team our players faced all season would be Army!??!?? I mean they are supposed to be the finest of the finest. They will one day fight for our country... This does not sit well with me. Their coaches should be ashamed. Oh, and the refs and play review folks should all be fired for overturning that targeting call. GOOD WIN THOUGH! 6 - 0 at home! GMG!

If you really think about it...that Rhyan England kid will make a damn fine bomber-drone pilot

• Haha 1

Army reminded me of UTSA with all the hits just after the whistle, putting an elbow in the back of the player on the ground as they get up, visible twisting of legs when they are in the pile, etc.

I hope UTSA and Army play each other in a bowl.  They are made for each other.  Not much respect for either program at this point.

• Upvote 2

Looks like this has been going on for quite some time among all the service academies:

Article from 2009 on Air Force

And just for kicks and giggles, going all the way back to 1949:

There were accusations that Army played dirty. Against the University of Michigan, Wolverine’s halfback Chuck Ortmann was knocked unconscious. The accusation was that Army player Gil Stephenson kicked him. The matter was escalated when Michigan professor of Geology, WH Hobbs was interviewed by the Michigan Daily and commented on the play. The press continued to establish Army’s notoriety as bullies after convincing wins over Harvard 54-14, and Columbia 63-6. Army hosted Vince Lombardi’s former team, the Fordham Rams at Michie Stadium. One of the members of the Rams was Vince’s brother, Joe Lombardi, who transferred to the school after Lombardi left. Tim Cohane, writer of Look Magazine was a Fordham alumnus, and a friend of Army coach Red Blaik. He pressured both teams to play each other. Cohane felt the game would help Fordham rise to national prominence. Herb Seidell, the Fordham captain, lost a tooth in the game. Several fights ensued and the media named the match, the Donnybrook on the Hudson. There were multiple penalties for unnecessary roughness.

Edited by oldguystudent