Classless

mgfan

14 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

This is the kind of guy who ends up shooting his own men in Afghanistan.  

Then comes home buys a jacked up white truck, tries to get out of DWIs with his military ID, acts tougher than everyone else because he "Was in the Shit!", and then gets his ass kicked a lot. Well I can only hope... Screw this guy. 

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I see that Armed Forces Bowl reps were at this game.  If they extend, do we have to play Army again?  I really, really, really don't want that to happen at all now.  I'd almost rather stay home. 

We will not play in the Armed Forces... They were there because of Army and the people who run the Armed Forces also run the HoD.. They do not want a 4th match up in 15 months. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We will not play in the Armed Forces... They were there because of Army and the people who run the Armed Forces also run the HoD.. They do not want a 4th match up in 15 months. 

When you got to talk with the reps, did you ask them why they are following Army around? Seems like wasted budget to me.  Go and scout the other potential teams.

Just now, greenminer said:

When you got to talk with the reps, did you ask them why they are following Army around? Seems like wasted budget to me.  Go and scout the other potential teams.

Why are they wasting time driving 30 minutes to see one of their bowl teams? Hell, I'm going to assume free snacks are in the Press box.. So why not go watch a good game, great view, and free food?

IDK maybe because they also rep HoD as well its for them to also consider UNT?

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Why are they wasting time driving 30 minutes to see one of their bowl teams? Hell, I'm going to assume free snacks are in the Press box.. So why not go watch a good game, great view, and free food?

IDK maybe because they also rep HoD as well its for them to also consider UNT?

Thanks.  I was responding the comment that they were there because of Army.

HOD consideration is valid.

2 hours ago, Big E said:

And when a group of young punk Army fans in the Wingzone started taunting Guyton as he lay motionless on the field, myself and another guy both stood up, stared them down and called them out for their classlessness and use of foul language around our kids.  I stared lasers through them and told them to go over to the Army section.  They tried to bow up, but thought better as the whole Wingzone full of parents and kids stared at them.  Probably didn’t hurt that I’m 6’ 5” and 270 lbs.! A few minutes later, those punks left the Wingzone!  Tough to do that in front of my family, but I just couldn’t stand by and let them hurl insults at a seriously injured player.  I think I made my family proud!  Praying that Guyton and the other injured players have speedy recoveries!

Yeah, j got told to be quiet from an army fan after I was showing my opposition out loud for the refs reversing the targeting call. He just kept saying, "not targeting, you all don't know anything"... they played the damn replay over and over again. And he still believed his own bs. This was in the wingzone. 

I'm a little disappointed in how disrespectful some of their fans were. But I know everybody has their bad apples..

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Yes, turning around and taunting UNT fans in nearby sections.

I forgot about this until you mentioned t, but this doesn't shock me.  I couldn't make it tonight, but as I left the HoD Bowl Game, I was searching out Army fans to congratulate, and ran into some that could only muster up, "UNT sucks". 

1 hour ago, North Texas Shep said:

Then comes home buys a jacked up white truck, tries to get out of DWIs with his military ID, acts tougher than everyone else because he "Was in the Shit!", and then gets his ass kicked a lot. Well I can only hope... Screw this guy. 

Oh no doubt. He will be the type that earns reprimands, takes credit away from others, puts the blame on his subordinates, uses his military ID to try and get out of arrests, and when he leaves, he will still wear an Army jacket to get freebies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Did the entire section start clapping after you did that?

They didn’t clap, but from talking to a few folks afterward, the general consensus was we were all surprised and disappointed that these young men we assume are soldiers or young veterans would act so disrespectful and classless.  It was summed up nicely by one of the eight year-old boys with us that said, “those boys were being bad”.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, mgfan said:

I think Army football has zero class.

Almost all penalties on them. 6 personal fouls. 1 missed targeting.

Great job by our boys for keeping their composure. 

As a retired Army veteran, I know not all their players are bad, but they do have their fair share. The classless ones were undisciplined and that should not be happening. Army is supposed to have discipline and they showed a total lack of discipline last night. Those undisciplined Cadets should never have the privilege of leading American Soldiers. I was going for the Mean Green and no way did I want Army to win, but it was sad to see the lack of discipline that these future officers showed. The bad thing is many of them will soon be leading Soldiers in combat. I just hope their lack of discipline does not get people killed in combat.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Not that it wasn't a vicious hit on Guyton, but wasn't it more shoulder to shoulder? The refs seemed convinced of that because they barely even reviewed it. 

No, it was a shot that connected above the shoulders into the chin, hence the concussion protocol.

From the guidelines for targeting....Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

Football is a violent sport, but this is one of the rules and last night there was an opportunity to enforce it and it wasn't done.  We've seen our players called for targeting for less.  Clean, hard *tackles* are one thing, but hits intended to inflict injury (and we all know them when we see them), should have no place in the game.  It's frustrating.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Venson said:

As a retired Army veteran, I know not all their players are bad, but they do have their fair share. The classless ones were undisciplined and that should not be happening. Army is supposed to have discipline and they showed a total lack of discipline last night. Those undisciplined Cadets should never have the privilege of leading American Soldiers. I was going for the Mean Green and no way did I want Army to win, but it was sad to see the lack of discipline that these future officers showed. The bad thing is many of them will soon be leading Soldiers in combat. I just hope their lack of discipline does not get people killed in combat.

No...they won't. There are logistic officers, communication officers, hide them in a closet because they're incompetent officers, flight officers, medical officers, intelligence officers, transportation officers, etc. etc. 

Now, there are infantry officers. And they, given the current discourse of the Middle East, probably will more than likely not even "see" combat. One size does not fit all. Let's not give these douche bags automatic credit. Some of them will do their service time filling out paperwork behind a desk and that was the preconceived plan from the beginning. Also, I served with some very, very, very incompetent infantry officers. Relieved of their duties and sent back to a large base kind of incompetence while on deployments. And these were USMC infantry officers. 

• Downvote 2

I noticed the Army WR's were taking cheap shots at our DB's all game long. Even when a play had ended, the Army WR's looked like they were trying to start a fight. One WR in particular (# 84) shoved our DB in the face after the play was over, but the ref watching the action did not call the play. I wonder if the WR's were directed to mix it up with our WR's, hoping to draw a retaliation foul on our guys. I started watching the Army WR's throughout the game. There could have been a 100 personal fouls called on the Army WR's alone!

I am very disappointed with the Army coaches for allowing or directing their players to play like that!

Edited by Charlie NT 73

52 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

I noticed the Army WR's were taking cheap shots at our DB's all game long. Even when a play had ended, the Army WR's looked like they were trying to start a fight. One WR in particular (# 84) shoved our DB in the face after the play was over, but the ref watching the action did not call the play. I wonder if the WR's were directed to mix it up with our WR's, hoping to draw a retaliation foul on our guys. I started watching the Army WR's throughout the game. There could have been a 100 personal fouls called on the Army WR's alone!

I am very disappointed with the Army coaches for allowing or directing their players to play like that!

I would assume it’s to get under UNT players skin, and for when Army does call a pass.. the hope would be UNT CBs would be to aggressive allowing for Army WRs to release potentially easier allowing for more space potentially?

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I would assume it’s to get under UNT players skin, and for when Army does call a pass.. the hope would be UNT CBs would be to aggressive allowing for Army WRs to release potentially easier allowing for more space potentially?

No. You are reaching. #84 was doing it all night. I watched it over and over. I screamed at him a few times to remind him he's a nobody playing WR in a triple option offense. 

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I see that Armed Forces Bowl reps were at this game.  If they extend, do we have to play Army again?  I really, really, really don't want that to happen at all now.  I'd almost rather stay home. 

This is the kind of guy who ends up shooting his own men in Afghanistan.  

e2.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

No...they won't. There are logistic officers, communication officers, hide them in a closet because they're incompetent officers, flight officers, medical officers, intelligence officers, transportation officers, etc. etc. 

Now, there are infantry officers. And they, given the current discourse of the Middle East, probably will more than likely not even "see" combat. One size does not fit all. Let's not give these douche bags automatic credit. Some of them will do their service time filling out paperwork behind a desk and that was the preconceived plan from the beginning. Also, I served with some very, very, very incompetent infantry officers. Relieved of their duties and sent back to a large base kind of incompetence while on deployments. And these were USMC infantry officers. 

Logistic, communication, transportation, flight, and medical officers have Soldiers as well. Just like Infantry, Field Artillery and Armor officers. They may not be combat arms, but they still have Soldiers. In Afghanistan or even in Iraq, when they had to put CLPs on the road, they were not led by Infantry and Armor officers most of the time. They were led by Log and Tran officers. So, just because the are Combat Support or Combat Service Support officers doesn't mean they don't have Soldiers. Sure they can find a way to hide him away, but he has to screw up first. I would hate for his first screw up to cost lives because of no discipline.

• Thanks 1