Independence Bowl reps walking around...

Got5onIt

30 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I'm super happy they were here, but how the hell did you identify them?  

Bigger question, we had to have had recruits at this game, right?  Please tell me we had recruits at this game. 

They were T-Shirts with the bowl logo on it usually... 

And yes, when UNT is out warming up.. You see a ton of recruits on the southwest corner of the field

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I'm super happy they were here, but how the hell did you identify them?  

Bigger question, we had to have had recruits at this game, right?  Please tell me we had recruits at this game. 

Their jackets had a huge Independence Bowl patch sewn on them..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

You dolt.  There is a high school will call window.  We have recruits and their families at every home game.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, shaft said:

You dolt.  There is a high school will call window.  We have recruits and their families at every home game.

I happened by that window midway through the first quarter and saw three very large Tongan Trinity Trojan lineman. After they left I asked the ticket guy if they had been busy he said they had over given out over 160 tickets to recruits and there was still more coming to the window when I left.

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I doubt Army can “trade” after they already accepted 2 weeks ago. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/article180429741.html

I agree but that is only I think we end up in the Armed Forces Bowl.   Neither program interested in another rematch.  It might be interesting fans who don’t follow either program “marketed” a contentious rivalry. Might generate decent TV numbers but attendance would be bad.