Alumni Pavilion Expansion Fund

Mike Jackson

I wish they had built it inside the stadium. Maybe moved it up above the side of the wing and the alumni section. Would have been cool to connect the wingzone to both sides. Alumni could enjoy discounted  beer and sit in there and watch the game if the choose. That would have been nice.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

I wish they had built it inside the stadium. Maybe moved it up above the side of the wing and the alumni section. Would have been cool to connect the wingzone to both sides. Alumni could enjoy discounted  beer and sit in there and watch the game if the choose. That would have been nice.

That is not an alumni hangout is for.  Now discounted club seats for registered alumni beyond the 20 yard line would be cool.  Not a huge discount something like $50 Off for the whole package or 10% off. I expect the elements inside the stadium but they need more space in the Pavilion another TV and more protection for the elements.

Mike, a new group called the Diamond Eagles started raising money with the idea to provide immediate funds to a single project on campus. This is the inaugural year and there are something like 90 donors all contributing 1k or more. The group votes on a few recommended projects brought up by staff or students and this year one of them is building a stage for the bands that play at the pavillion. The idea is to give the bands a larger space, which will also improve seating areas & shade for the alumni. The money is already raised, but if you want to join up I’m sure they’d welcome new members.

I believe the voting wraps in December and the project (if it wins the vote) will be completed in 2018. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1