Decommitments

TheReal_jayD

16 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

We have had 4 decommitments this semester. But as I have been saying on other threads don't overreact and that I though none of the 4 were recruiting based or performance based as for as the team goes.

1. Gage = Grades 

2 Johnson = I don't think he ever got an official offer. If you watch the film I don't think he is no where near the same level as Nick Smith or Siggers.

3 Kameron King - this situation is very similar to Josh Donavon last year. Would not be surprised to see him go juco route. May be wrong.

4 Vada King - as I said on the podcast UNT is only taking Juco Mid term guys. After getting burnt by Johnson and Hayes I don't hang they are not going to out all eggs in late qualifier basket again. I'm thinking this is grades related due to the timing of the Decommit in terms of semester and us offering other Juco Mid term guy an hour before. I don't believe Vada King makes it to a D1 school until summer at best. 

#GMG 

I agree. I think most are grades. When you realize the crap you have been doing in the classroom is not paying off. Or should I say the lack of crap they are doing. It becomes real when they realize they won't even get accepted at the university because they don't have the grades. 

I'm not concerned. The way recruiting has been going under this staff, their top signees have typically come right before signing day with guys who used to have impressive offers but saw their dry up. We've gotten guys like Rico Bussey, Nick Smith, Jaelon Darden, Ladarius Hamilton, and Eric Jenkins to name a few.

This staff's opportunistic strategy in recruiting, plus their evaluating ability and their developing ability has been able to overcome the lack of head-to-head recruiting wins. I expect more of the same this year, even after a more successful season.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

I'm not concerned. The way recruiting has been going under this staff, their top signees have typically come right before signing day with guys who used to have impressive offers but saw their dry up. We've gotten guys like Rico Bussey, Nick Smith, Jaelon Darden, Ladarius Hamilton, and Eric Jenkins to name a few.

This staff's opportunistic strategy in recruiting, plus their evaluating ability and their developing ability has been able to overcome the lack of head-to-head recruiting wins. I expect more of the same this year, even after a more successful season.

Agreed. I have learned to trust this staff in finding the best people to fit their system and that will represent the school well. So far there have not been any real disciplinary issues either. The ones who do want to walk on the shady side have been dismissed from the team and we have not missed them. I remember reading in the DRC how we would miss T. Goree at receiver, but we are actually better this year without him and he is now at the FCS level. So, no, I am not worried.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I doubt NT is too concerned with these decommits.   NT's stock should be way up relative to their Western Division conference mates.  I feel NT may look at this more as an opportunity to get better recruits than a big loss.  

Only reason I really care is because we lost 2 three stars, one almost three star, and then a solid player at a position we really need depth at

1 minute ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Only reason I really care is because we lost 2 three stars, one almost three star, and then a solid player at a position we really need depth at

I can understand that, but if it is for grades, then we need to cut losses early because they probably would be more trouble than they are worth and may lose them anyway like we lost Wyche because of grades.

2 hours ago, Venson said:

I can understand that, but if it is for grades, then we need to cut losses early because they probably would be more trouble than they are worth and may lose them anyway like we lost Wyche because of grades.

Pretty sure he's still on campus right now.

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I doubt NT is too concerned with these decommits.   NT's stock should be way up relative to their Western Division conference mates.  I feel NT may look at this more as an opportunity to get better recruits than a big loss.  

Trust in this coaching staffs ability to find and develop talent.

GMG

52 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Pretty sure he's still on campus right now.

Yep he is on campus and on the sideline each week..

3 hours ago, Venson said:

13 minutes ago, Venson said:

May be on campus, but lost to the team for academics.

Wyche is on campus, and on the team.. he is on the sidelines.. he is likely being RSed (I would assume) because he has been passed up by Johnson, Smith