We Need Better Advertising to Students

AustinFromUNT

20C36C95-79EF-4622-99FB-B0495877C6B7.jpeg.4bb29051133e429245ae60907bf615c4.jpegMy friend posted this on her Snapchat story. The professor asked the class who we’re playing Saturday and here is what students thought. 2/22 said Rice, 5/22 said UTSA, 4/22 said UTEP, and only 11/22 (half) said Army. Half isn’t terrible, but I would like that number to be 75-80%. On the bright side, the professor said he will be at the game wearing green.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

They have sent out multiple emaila this week (one of Wednesday and Today).. tweeted about on UNT athletic accounts and have signs up..the text to claim tickets also went out today as well.. they even said next home game is next weekend multiple times.. 

would like to know how many of these 22 actually go to games...

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 2

I believe that a college student that doesn't know when the game is or who the opponent is will never respond to advertising. 

I was asked this week what division does North Texas play in.  "The top division," I answered.  Well then what division does someone like Texas or A&M play in, he asked.  "The top division," I answered. 

Win.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

Good grief, you can't please everyone. Okay, so you have an exam on Monday? Is it such a terrible thing that your professor is trying to instill just a modicum of school spirit in you? Does it absolutely kill you that the professor might actually throw a little something about athletics into a review? Crap, I've had professors give extra credit in the past for people that could provide the final score of the previous week's game on a test. Is this really a bad thing?

If anything, I take this as a hint that the professor might just do that very thing come Monday. If I'm this Melissa person, even if I'm not a football fan, I'd at least try to find out maybe five little pieces you may not remember that had a significant outcome on the UNT/Army game just in case there is some extra credit. Crap, just Google the final score at the very least so that you will be at least a little prepared. I applaud this professor. He's trying to boost school pride a bit and maybe even teach the students not to take themselves too seriously all the time.

• Upvote 1