Support the Keystone Pipeline?

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

If we could only pass a law to keep bad things from happening.........then bad things wouldn't happen.

Rick

Thing is, Rick, we were warned this kind of bad thing would happen if we built Keystone & we didn't listen.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GTWT said:

Thing is, Rick, we were warned this kind of bad thing would happen if we built Keystone & we didn't listen.

Sure we did.  It was an accident.  They happen.  They've happened before.  They'll happen again.  Hopefully the problem that led to it was discovered and it doesn't happen again.

Rick

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen much about it...yet. If someone really screwed the pooch, the drumbeats will start.  If it was sabotage by those environmental loonies out there, we will not hear or read anything about it. The last I saw, some bureaucrat was quoted as saying that the event was under investigation and there appeared to be ""an anomaly" in a weld.

NO ..... means lower prices for oil ( there is somewhat a glut now) and is not good for Texas oil industry ... plus that oil (coming from Canada ) is very bad or highly polluting (dirty)  oil ...  Some day we may need it ... but not now ... I am not being political, giving valid reasons... The route chosen is not good either .. expensive route and there are better routes further west  that are less expensive.... I am not anti pipeline .. West Texas is full of them...  Note who owns or partially owns the project..... 

----- How in the world did this get so bad....??? . Oil companies out here FLY the pipelines regularly  looking for leaks and problems. I have even had students in my classes that did that for a living......  I think a nearby neighbor (pilot)  of mine does that....  Looks like bad,  bad, careless  management. I

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

18 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Sure we did.  It was an accident.  They happen.  They've happened before.  They'll happen again.  Hopefully the problem that led to it was discovered and it doesn't happen again.

Rick

That's kinda the point, Rick.  This pipeline is an accident waiting to happen - over & over again.  Each time there will be environmental damage.  Remember, the environment isn't a Democratic issue, it isn't a Republican issue.  It's neither liberal nor conservative.  The environment is the responsibility of us all.

10 hours ago, GTWT said:

That's kinda the point, Rick.  This pipeline is an accident waiting to happen - over & over again.  Each time there will be environmental damage.  Remember, the environment isn't a Democratic issue, it isn't a Republican issue.  It's neither liberal nor conservative.  The environment is the responsibility of us all.

Nope...it's a very rare occurance.  The rewards greatly outweigh the risks.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Nope...it's a very rare occurance.  The rewards greatly outweigh the risks.

Rick

I think you said, "Sure we did.  It was an accident.  They happen.  They've happened before.  They'll happen again."

The rewards are polluted environments & more CO2 into the atmosphere.

---- There are pipelines all over West Texas oilfields and this just doesn't happen (well very rarely, can't remember the last one) .. This is new line so it was not age or deterioration that was a problem ... This has to be inferior construction (or welding) .... 

.There was no real need to build this thing because of the oil glut that now exists...... more oil mean lower oil prices which hurts Texas and even the University Lands which get money from oil production   .. which  funds a lot of university education in Texas ... [ and that helps us not have a state income tax as well,  since we don't have to pay taxes to support them ]  It is considered very dirty oil [ lots of sulfur etc.   ] which pollutes the air when refined... Nothing about this is good for Texas.  Opposition to it was no so much political but with good reason... Those for it... especial the route,  was very political...( check out owners and contributors)  dumb route. and in the long term created less than 40 jobs.   ... Dumb idea at the present ... maybe years from now, it might be needed... not now.  

. I am giving real reasons... not political BS.   even so this should have never happened .... bad, bad construction and poor inspections. .

I don't know if the below is true or not ... but makes you wonder. . 

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/26/trump-is-heavily-invested-in-fight-over-dakota-access-pipeline/ 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:50 AM, GTWT said:

Yeah.  Must be the work of a Marxist, Environmentalist, Clintonite.  Much more likely than a shoddy weld.

I don't believe I said anything that remotely said it was without a doubt foul play, but I think it's irresponsible to automatically dismiss the possibility that it could have been foul play.  But that's just the investigator in me.

• Downvote 1

You're kidding yourself if you think that if you shut down a pipeline from being built that you'll stop the flow of oil between two points. There is the option of rail and 18-wheelers. Nether are as safe (or as inexpensive) as a pipeline.

I'm not say, I'm just saying. 

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 11/18/2017 at 2:01 PM, GTWT said:

You do realize there are pipelines everywhere, everywhere.  They are all over Texas.  I second what @SCREAMING EAGLE-66 says.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have always thought of this pipeline as a strategic thing. Better it flows across our land to the gulf coast from our friendly neighbor to the north than they pump it to their west coast and sell it to China or elsewhere, IMO. Somewhere in the future, if/when we desperately need the oil, you can bet that it would be too late to build a pipeline. Look how many years this has been tied up in political wrangling.

• Downvote 1