Men’s basketball battles past Bethune-Cookman behind Smart’s big night

Skipper

5 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I won't say it was a great win,but we definitely showed some really good things in stretches.  I am really interested in how things progress.

It was a game they should win and they did. Didn't matter how. They impressed at times and then there were the sloppy moments. UT Rio Grande Valley should be a good measuring point for this team. 

• Lovely Take 1

Playing Lawson more outside paid dividends.  Using Holston more in the front court is a better option than Lawson. I thought Miller looked good in his few minutes.  Woolridge was the star of this game, when he is on; very few can keep up.   

This team is full of good to better guards, but someone is going to have to develop in the front court.  Lack of playing time for Arikawe and Fuller is not a good sign.  Temara is playing well, but getting little help.   Better hope that Zach Simmons develops fast.  

This was a very sloppy game for the most part.  BC's front court was a lot better than NT's.  Luckily as a team, BC played very poor defense. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Mean_Green09 said:

It was a game they should win and they did. Didn't matter how. They impressed at times and then there were the sloppy moments. UT Rio Grande Valley should be a good measuring point for this team. 

Should win, yes.

But we didn't finish much ahead of them in the RPI rankings last season. In fact they may be our last D1 opponent we play this season that we did finish ahead of. I'll certainly take this win. 

I thought BC took some cheap shots at our players.  Two come to mind.  Maybe someone can explain the one call towards the end when the BC thug foul out.  I thought a tech foul was called.  The UNT player got two shots and then two shots for the one and one  but the ball was given to BC after the four foul shots.  I guess it was not a tech but i am not sure what was called.  My first game this year.  

I think we have a coach, he is on his player and talks to the ref on questionable calls.

All the players are moving when on the court, last year we had a lot of standing around.

The crowd was not large but it was involved in the game.   I am sitting in row A this year and I could barely hear the ball being dribbled.  Last year I sat on last row on the lower section  (top of the stairs) and I could hear the ball being dribbled.  We just need to get our fans to show up.  I think we have taken the first step toward being respectable in basketball..  Might take two more years but I know we will get there.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1