2 things

MEANGREENCOACH2

So there are 2 things that I have noticed outside of Apogee.  So they have recently added a GIANT MEAN GREEN logo on the bridge wall under the walkway off of I35.  I attempted to take a picture this morning on the way to work but no dice.  Also I was able to catch a glimpse of a smaller billboard sign that has recently been put up by the entrance to the stadium off of the service road on I35 side.  (Alumni Pavilion Entrance)  Its small font but I was able to see IPF on it!! So thats kinda cool!

• Upvote 2

Finally the city of Denton is getting behind UNT. I grew up in Denton and I think that has been a large part of the problem with recruiting. Denton just did not have a good college atmosphere. I mean what was there to do for college aged kids here outside of Fry St.? Now the square and that entire area has been redone to make the city more fun for kids that age. Putting that Medallion on the square and on I-35 helps brand this university. The city improvements let's a kid who visits know that there are things outside of class and football to do in Denton. Still may not be the best, but it has improved significantly.

Edited by Venson
Grammar Correction
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Venson said:

Finally the city of Denton is getting behind UNT. I grew up in Denton and I think that has been a large part of the problem with recruiting. Denton just did not have a good college atmosphere. I mean what was there to do for college aged kids here outside of Fry St.? Now the square and that entire area has been redone to make the city more fun for kids that age. Putting that Medallion on the square and on I-35 helps brand this university. The city improvements let's a kid who visits know that there are things outside of class and football to do in Denton. Still may not be the best, but it has improved significantly.

Denton is now known across the country as a really cool college town. It's really great to see.

• Upvote 1