Are the weekday games worth it?

emmitt01

Yeah MAC’s approach is interesting to me.  Although I’m grateful cause it gives me football to watch during the week...even though in most cases it’s bad football.  I am scared to think what our Tues/Thurs night crowds would be like this yr until more student support is there.  The Halloween Rice game in 13 was a weeknight and the crowd was pretty good, but I always wonder if it had been a Saturday how much better it could’ve been.  

1 hour ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

crowds are generally terrible ^^

IMG_3067.PNG.65b0bac9db56585cc6f7300f0c7fd84a.PNG

IMG_3069.PNG.fb289a5c19100f5bf9d86e0b7414769d.PNG

Answer to the original question is no, at least for the MAC it is.  

The wind chill in Dekalb Illinois is currently 16 degrees.  Who in hell wants to watch a game in that?  You gotta have these games during the day. 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3

I'm ok with it if it's maybe once in a blue moon....like possibly once a year or every other year which may also mean we could play a road game on that day.  That being said I'd be more ok with it if it were on Thursday or Friday.  The games that are on Tuesday and Wednesday are just not that worth it to me because our attendance issues are still there.

If we can prove that we can virtually sell out or get a really really good crowd regardless of day then I'll be more open to that idea in a once in a while basis.

• Upvote 2

I remember two weeknight games in Apogee.  

There was a game against ULL that I absolutely couldn't get to.  

The Halloween game against Rice I made, but I had to haul ass out of work to get there. If memory serves, I showed up in suit and tie because I didn't have time to change.  

Weeknight games are basically sucking one game a year out of what I pay for my season tickets, so personally and selfishly, I say no, they aren't worth it. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Can you imagine the bitching about the alumni side if we played all weekday games?

I find it funny that there are two to three times more people on the Alumni Side at any given game at least, compared to the student side. I have never understood that.