Don't Want To Spill The Beans, But Look Here

EagleMBA

Really and truly the Golden Knights are a USAREC asset. Sorry USAREC= United States Army Recruiting Command. They jump into some Army games, but ultimately they go where USAREC tells them to go. When I was a recruiter in Fort Worth, we had them jump into the football game for North Crowley High School. So, they may or may not jump depending on the commitments that USAREC may have already given them. Because the DFW area is a hotbed for recruiting, I would think that they would be here.

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I am pleased and proud there are men and women willing to do this job to keep us safe.  As for me, I would rather hold a snake in each hand than jump out of an airplane

It's not so bad, once you realize that you could die doing it, and that eventually, you'll die no matter what.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

forecast at game time is winds from the north gusting to more than 18kts. Might not happen.  Generally, a static line jump would not occur with those winds, but the GK's might have their own weather criteria, since they are HALO

Yeah that's true, but I am pretty sure I have seen them jump in those conditions before at TCU. Now that was back in 200o or 2001. Or maybe the win was not quite that high because we didn't have all these weather apps back then to check the wind speed. Hopefully the winds will be negligible.

7 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

forecast at game time is winds from the north gusting to more than 18kts. Might not happen.  Generally, a static line jump would not occur with those winds, but the GK's might have their own weather criteria, since they are HALO

Don't think they are doing a static jump. These guys are professional skydivers, not Airborne. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

What is cool is going up to WP during the week and you can see them practicing and landing in front of the chow hall 

That's the cadet parachute team, the ones that jump into Michie for home games.  They're not the experts the Golden Knights are, but they do quite well against their peers.

Edited by BeatNavy

14 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

At least the DFW landing pattern will be from the south.

• Upvote 1