Army Game Score Prediction Thread

greeneagle1

The Mean Green started the game extremely slow offensively last week, then won the 3rd quarter (as coach Littrell has harped all year) rather handily, and coasted to a big win.

This week, the 8-2 Army Knights come in.  They've been rather dominant on the ground, except when faced with a tough defense like Ohio State and Tulane(?).  They'll move the ball plenty against the Mean Green with all their wacky misdirection.

This game will be critical for the Mean Green to win both the Special Teams battle and the Turnover battle.   Win those two, and the Mean Green win this game going away because there's no way the Army defense is slowing down Fine & Co.

I think the crowd will be huge, and the team will feed off of us to finally put that complete game together on offense, defense & special teams for all 4 quarters.

North Texas: 38
Army: 28

• Upvote 1

There's a 10-point swing between Vegas lines and Sagarin predictions (We'd be a 7-point dog on the Sagarin ratings). 

So, who shows up on Saturday?  A Dickey team who knows it has the conference division and a bowl game wrapped up, so doesn't care, or a bunch of hungry ne'er-do-wells who want to put a stamp on their legacy with an undefeated home season? 

UNT - 35

Army - 24

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

So, who shows up on Saturday?  A Dickey team who knows it has the conference division and a bowl game wrapped up, so doesn't care, or a bunch of hungry ne'er-do-wells who want to put a stamp on their legacy with an undefeated home season? 

A Dickey team is the last team to go undefeated at home.  

I did my prognosticating independently before coming to this thread. Reading my way down, a bunch of us are generally of like mind.  I feel in my gut that this is going to be a high-scoring game. Wear your jock strap with a cup, this is gonna get physical! Here is my two cents' worth:

North Texas Mean Green Eagles     45

Army West Point Cadets                   38

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

O/U is 58

Spread is 2.5

Ill say

Army 27.75

NT 30.25

Living on the edge a bit here I see. 

I like all the positive vibes on the score predictions in here, but I'm just not as sure. I think their O could apply pressure to our offense by forcing our offense to press and play tight due to knowing we may not get as many possessions as we normally do. We seemingly, game to game, need those extra possessions to work the kinks out to get the offense going. We need to come out and play well offensively in the first quarter. I think if we have a 10 point (or more) 1st quarter we may end up winning comfortably. If not, then it's a crap shoot really. 

Nevertheless, give me...UNT - 33 Army - 28 

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Living on the edge a bit here I see. 

I like all the positive vibes on the score predictions in here, but I'm just not as sure. I think their O could apply pressure to our offense by forcing our offense to press and play tight due to knowing we may not get as many possessions as we normally do. We seemingly, game to game, need those extra possessions to work the kinks out to get the offense going. We need to come out and play well offensively in the first quarter. I think if we have a 10 point (or more) 1st quarter we may end up winning comfortably. If not, then it's a crap shoot really. 

Nevertheless, give me...UNT - 33 Army - 28 

That's why I think if we win the toss, we don't defer. We need to get the offense going early and often.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1