A MG Video For the Ages! Has Decibel Level At Apogee Ever Been This Loud?

PlummMeanGreen

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

This is potentially only the tip of an iceberg.  The Mean Green is a sleeping giant.  Time for it to wake up.

We are that, greenminer.

SUMG shared this Twitter video on my Facebook page today and was braggin'  how great it was so I just had to share it here on GMG.com

GMG!

To answer the question, it was extremely loud during the Apogee opening game against Houston.   Don’t recall if there was a North-Texas chant, but the volume was up so much, especially on 3rd downs, that Houston’s O-Line would jump early, on several occasions. Their QB (Case Keenan) would get visibly frustrated and motion to his bench that he can’t hear.   Also recall that after the game, Case Keenum stating in the press conference “we were not anticipating the energy that this place and fans put out, so it gave us some trouble at points in the game...”

So it’s more proof that although Apogee might not be the biggest place, but the acoustics are just right.  All we need is volume, which comes from fans.   Everyone bring a friend this week. A LOUD friend .  

Go Mean Green!

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 2

WHY ALL THE ATTENDANCE TALK TO A LEVEL OF  AD NAUSEAM AT TIMES?  

HERE'S WHY?

Many of us on this forum played Texas HS football and we're still playing it, but through these young men who wear the Mean Green.

My first 3 years (frosh were eligible) our team was mediocre, our W/L record worse & the crowds after the home season opener would dwindle.  It was depressing to us that our own home town fans did not care to show up.  My Senior year we turned our football program around with a winning season. Our town of 900 would somehow grow to 2,000 on Friday Nights at our stadium.  Our team noticed the support & we played with some extra adrenaline it seems.  Nevertheless, it all translated to wins.

Our Mean Green football players were ecstatic  & fully appreciated last weekend's crowd.  First thing Seth Littrell said in his post-game remarks was about the great attendance & fan support.  It's a numbers game at the turnstiles & the best college football programs all wear their turnstiles out.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1

I would love to get fans in the stands as the Mean Green come onto the field.  As was shown in the Va Tech clip.  Many North Texas fans lack the urgency to be in the stadium prior to kickoff.  I wish that would change but it's going to take each fan encouraging each fan to get to Apogee in plenty of time to hear the National Anthem.  

And Im so tired of Morth Texas being referred to as a sleeping giant.  There is no better atmosphere than the home team entering the field to a boisterous fan base.

Beat West Point

GO MWAN GREEN

15 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

WHY ALL THE ATTENDANCE TALK TO A LEVEL OF  AD NAUSEAM AT TIMES?  

HERE'S WHY?

Many of us on this forum played Texas HS football and we're still playing it, but through these young men who wear the Mean Green.

My first 3 years (frosh were eligible) our team was mediocre, our W/L record worse & the crowds after the home season opener would dwindle.  It was depressing to us that our own home town fans did not care to show up.  My Senior year we turned our football program around with a winning season. Our town of 900 would somehow grow to 2,000 on Friday Nights at our stadium.  Our team noticed the support & we played with some extra adrenaline it seems.  Nevertheless, it all translated to wins.

Our Mean Green football players were ecstatic  & fully appreciated last weekend's crowd.  First thing Seth Littrell said in his post-game remarks was about the great attendance & fan support.  It's a numbers game at the turnstiles & the best college football programs all wear their turnstiles out.

GMG!

When YOU played high school football, was that town with a population of 900 called Dallas and did you wear the skins of vanquished raccoons for helmets? Did they show the time remaining in a quarter via sundial? Record the score with Roman numerals chiseled into stone plates? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I would love to get fans in the stands as the Mean Green come onto the field.  As was shown in the Va Tech clip.  Many North Texas fans lack the urgency to be in the stadium prior to kickoff.  I wish that would change but it's going to take each fan encouraging each fan to get to Apogee in plenty of time to hear the National Anthem.  

And Im so tired of Morth Texas being referred to as a sleeping giant.  There is no better atmosphere than the home team entering the field to a boisterous fan base.

Beat West Point

GO MWAN GREEN

Not to beat a dead horse, but what makes the casual fans want to be in the stadium early?  There is no pregame atmosphere whatsoever from the band to the team entrance.  Its just the band running onto the field, playing a song or two, haphazardly lining up, team coming out to nothing in-particular, then the band just wondering back off the field to get into the stands.  

Give em something like Va Tech, dotting the I at Ohio State, The smoke in Miami, TD Jesus at ND, Bevo or Ralphie at Texas and Colorado, the Eagle at Auburn, etc.............

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I love this video and seem to watch it a couple of times each day.  I've uploaded the video to Youtube so enjoy!  

UNT Football - North Texas Chant

I know the originator of that video appreciates you doing that, NorthTexan95.   I appreciate you doing that for all the world to now see!  Go Mean Green! 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but what makes the casual fans want to be in the stadium early?  There is no pregame atmosphere whatsoever from the band to the team entrance.  Its just the band running onto the field, playing a song or two, haphazardly lining up, team coming out to nothing in-particular, then the band just wondering back off the field to get into the stands.  

Give em something like Va Tech, dotting the I at Ohio State, The smoke in Miami, TD Jesus at ND, Bevo or Ralphie at Texas and Colorado, the Eagle at Auburn, etc.............

If a school with a Tiger for a mascot can have an eagle, why can't we? Can we get a bald eagle sanctuary on campus somewhere? That would be so cool! Students could vote to name them, they could fly around before the game or during halftime, and kids could go visit them before the game! Who do I need to throw money at to make this a thing?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenSailor09 said:

If a school with a Tiger for a mascot can have an eagle, why can't we? Can we get a bald eagle sanctuary on campus somewhere?

A lot of federal regulation about keeping Bald Eagles.  Spoke with someone who works with live eagles and they stated it would probably take a commitment of several million to build a suitable habitat, and then upkeep would be in the 100k's range per year.  

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

We were one of the first in 2 a days during my Sophomore year that used this new green powder stuff (we called it green 'sheee'it") you mixed in an Igloo water cooler which was developed at the University Florida.  

...by a native Texan! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DT 90 said:

Why is this happening when the Mean Green has the ball????   

I  know.... get their butts in the stands then educate them...right?

If your ears are not ringing after the game is over it was not loud enough