Dakoda Newman

Brian Parish

Cade Pearson
  Tre Siggers

Chris Thornton

Brendon Weatherspoon

Greg White

R.J. Reynolds

5 of them are olineman -- that's pretty exciting to see those kind of numbers coming in at such a key position for this offense.

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Per the link provided Cam Johnson played:

2017:
• Has appeared in all five games, mostly on special teams and has three tackles
• Had two tackles in the win vs. UAB on 9/23
• Made his North Texas debut with one tackle vs. Lamar on 9/2

Good catch -- I will remove him.

1 minute ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Yeah he's played in the last two games. 

I removed him.  thx

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:

So while that is good news for the O-line, it's too bad that we weren't able to redshirt a D-lineman.

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

What about that guy we got last minute after he decommitted from air force? RJ Reynolds I believe

Good catch I added him.  So at least there is one DL who is waiting in the wings.

8 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

What about that guy we got last minute after he decommitted from air force? RJ Reynolds I believe

I don't even think RJ suits out, and I think with him getting to the team/camp so late is he still trying to adjust and find his fit with the team. Seen him on the sideline at times early in the season and everyone is talking/joking around and he is just standing by them not involved. 

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Wow. Hadn't even noticed. That's an interesting decision.

He played very late vs UTEP with TonyK.. I saw #97 and was surprised.

17 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I don't even think RJ suits out, and I think with him getting to the team/camp so late is he still trying to adjust and find his fit with the team. Seen him on the sideline at times early in the season and everyone is talking/joking around and he is just standing by them not involved. 

He played very late vs UTEP with TonyK.. I saw #97 and was surprised.

Tony is listed in the 2 Deep this week vs Army. 

• Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, Marty said:

What about Montana Meador?

I don't think he's played - so very likely a redshirt this year.

I didn't remember us recruting him - but I saw him a few times his senior year at Lindale HS and was very impressed - quick and great vision. 

He's on our roster as a WR ... excited to see him play in the future - could be another Michael Lawrence type receiver.

• Lovely Take 1

To me, I think the plan when Bryce got hurt was to get Tony K. some time and keep Novil's shirt. When we took another couple injuries to the D-line, including Tony K, I'm not sure they had a choice.

Isn't there some sort of "you only played x minutes" so you're still allowed to red shirt?

42 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

To me, I think the plan when Bryce got hurt was to get Tony K. some time and keep Novil's shirt. When we took another couple injuries to the D-line, including Tony K, I'm not sure they had a choice.

Isn't there some sort of "you only played x minutes" so you're still allowed to red shirt?

I believe that was the plan as well with Novil as well. 

He and Greg White would dress out for every game but never got in, and seemed like emergency guys.. Guess it finally happened.

16 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

You might be thinking of medical waivers. 

• Upvote 1