Rice Hotel

UNT 90 Grad

5 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Who else is going down for the Rice game?  I was going to make s day trip, but am now planning on going down Friday.  Thoughts on places to stay?  I’m thinking about the Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District. 

I stay there semi frequently when in Houston for work. Nice place and very easy 10 minute walk to the Rice Village and campus. 

• Thanks 2

Hotel ZaZa if you want something that is  nice and close to the game.  Med Center hotels if you are looking for something close to the game but are more budget conscious.  Downtown hotels are more of a happy medium and you can take the train to the game.  Just know that Rice stadium is a healthy walk from the Hermann park train station.  

Also if you are bringing kids there is a ton to see and do at Hermann Park next to Rice.  The museum district, paddle boats, gardens, Zoo, miniature train and so on.  

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Who else is going down for the Rice game?  I was going to make a day trip, but am now planning on going down Friday.  Thoughts on places to stay?  I’m thinking about the Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District. 

price wise stay on the west side at the Homewood suites off of sage by the galleria.

it wouldn't be that bad of a drive to Rice Stadium on the back roads.

another alum and I are doing a day trip since kick off is at noon.

Anything within walking distance to Rice Stadium, and to Rice Village, sounds like a winner.  I live in Sugar Land, so no hotel needed. :)

8 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

We're headed down Saturday morning!

According to meangreensports.com, it's a noon kickoff.  I don't think you'll make it if you wait until then!