The Conference USA Championship Game

Coach Bill Lewis

The only positives about playing FAU again in a winning streak is their possible over confidence.  By Dec 2 the coaching staff should have a game plan that will have several tweaks to what they do best to catch them off guard.  I think we can get up early on them and hold them off the rest of the game.   Also we can maximize Wilson’s use as he will have plenty of time to rest before the bowl game.  Get up early and play keep away with Wilson.  They bite to hard hit them with a bomb to Guyton or Bussey.   If the Mean Green get to the 4th with a TD lead or more I love our chances.

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

American has recorded better on-time-arrivals than Southwest the past 4 quarters: DOT.

If something does go wrong, having 18 flights into the area will help a lot more than 2.

Thanks.  I  will trust your attachment and not trudge through a 61 page report.  As the spouse of a former American employee, I will stand by my new found loyalty to SW.  Free luggage, two free carry ons, I have never had a late flight with SW, friendly staff, no strikes, etc...  All much different than my interactions with the current form of American.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, GMG24 said:

CUSA best option, host it at Apogee.  looked like there was 8,000 people at the last match up in Boca. 

Well you could  have won the game against us and you would have hosted!  BUT you didn't and therefore you get to play in front of seats.  I went to the ticket office yesterday and they said the season ticketholder demand for the CCG tickets is almost zero.  They are expecting 2,500 people on 12/2.  You guys should be happy, with no one there the last game you got crushed, if anyone cared about UNT down in South Florida it could have gotten real ugly.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Well you could  have won the game against us and you would have hosted!  BUT you didn't and therefore you get to play in front of seats.  I went to the ticket office yesterday and they said the season ticketholder demand for the CCG tickets is almost zero.  They are expecting 2,500 people on 12/2.  You guys should be happy, with no one there the last game you got crushed, if anyone cared about UNT down in South Florida it could have gotten real ugly.

How does Kiffen not sell seats???

21 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

What our players do is act like those 2, 500 fans are pulling for the Mean Green, right? 

23 minutes ago, Greenrex said:

The competition is NFL, ACC, AAC, and the Atlantic Ocean to name a few but, the biggest culprit is probably apathy, something we all  battle at this level.

True

On my Mean Green Christmas wish list is that UNT athletics in the near future will concentrate on promotions that would fill the Wing Zone for the 1'st game of every season.  Then once filled and all see how young fans in that part of the stadium add an immeasurable amount of crowd noise to what we have now that they will fully concentrate on getting their 4 for $60 Family Plan (with all its percs) into the homes of as many in Denton County as they can & lets see the results.  me'thinks not that many now know about the Family Plan.

GMG!

PS:

IDJ & usually play at least one song from the UNT Green Brigade's CD from a few years ago at most events.  Last Saturday night it was their rendition of "National Emblem" for a Veterans Day event that I played. 

I missed Homecoming because of that event at the 7R Ranch outside Gordon, Texas,  but will not miss the Army game this Saturday!   Matter a fact, I already have my tickets for that big game in my auto's glove compartment.  (Is it still called glove compartment)?     I'm old.                                                                    

.img-0641_orig.jpg.932d9dff271e27f29cd83560c88b3107.jpg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

How does Kiffen not sell seats???

We didn't hire him to sell seats, we hired him to win games.  Mission accomplished.  Listen I go to every game, have only missed 2 home games since the inception of the program in 2001.  South Florida is a complex marketplace similar to Dallas.  the baseline should be 16k; big games 20k; and huge games sell out.

It is what it is.  I really don't care if people will come, when they come they will come.  I will tell you the conference championship game will have a good attendance.  It's an event, South Florida is an event town.

I will tell you the home side can be misleading.  If not familiar, we have a deck area with tiki bar that anyone can stand, drink, socialize and watch the game (its basically from the 35 to 35 between the lower level and upper level.  The 100 level on the home side is filled, the 200 level looks empty but they are standing around the deck area watching the game.  Trust me, its packed.

But even with all of the excuses I think our athletic director has been negligent and should be fired.  We have had an increase in attendance this year but not nearly what you would expect with Kiffin and the winning we have had.  Part of the problem is all of the losing in recent years, honestly I think their is a large population who has no idea you are in our conference and had no idea when we played that it was a show down of undefeated division leaders.  Hopefully hosting a championship game and going to a bowl will infuse some excitement for next season that will pay dividends in the future.  Unfortunately for the rest of conference, I don't expect Kiffin to be moving on after this season, I wasn't thinking that at the beginning of the year.

So come on down 12/2, it should be perfect weather and I think a great game.  Entirely different than the first.  Look at it this way, you could have had to go to Marshall or WKU for the championship game, just horrible in December and the rest of the year!  GO OWLS!

2 hours ago, Greenrex said:

The competition is NFL, ACC, AAC, and the Atlantic Ocean to name a few but, the biggest culprit is probably apathy, something we all  battle at this level.

It doesn't help that U of Miami has had a resurgence this year.  Entertainment dollars are finite; and sporting events, movies, zoo are all expensive.  FAU is not a cheap ticket.  Used to be able to go to a sporting events on a budget.  Those days are gone.  But this is not my problem, write me a check and solve it for you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, FAU Connoisseur said:

whats really funny is how bad FIU's attendance.  They make every fanbase look rabid.  They had a thread on their board wondering why only 200 students from 50k student university came to the game.  

What got it started though was FAU calling out FIU on their attendance. Neither school should be calling anyone out on attendance.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

What got it started though was FAU calling out FIU on their attendance. Neither school should be calling anyone out on attendance.

Like I said we look rabid compared to them, but literally if you think ours is bad their is non-existent.  they have a 20k stadium and they announced 17k!!!  They played at the same time UM - ND.   Look at the video.

3 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Do you think Kiffin will still be on the FAU sideline on 12/2? 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

100% agree, that being said it's a black eye and an embarrassment for the conference for people to tune in and see 4-5K in the stands. It hurts the perception of the conference.

44 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Do you think Kiffin will still be on the FAU sideline on 12/2? 

YES!  I think there is a slim possibility leaving before the bowl game, but I think he really will be on the sideline in 2018.  Couple of factors, he doesn't have to take any job because he's already made money.  He's stated that this is the most satisfying season he has had in coaching   He bought (not rented) a $2 mill house on the intracoastal with boat and jet ski.  

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

100% agree, that being said it's a black eye and an embarrassment for the conference for people to tune in and see 4-5K in the stands. It hurts the perception of the conference.

The only perception I am concerned with is winning, the rest will take care of it self.  The entire conference needs to improve where people know who the members are and more importantly they WANT to come out and see the game.