Good FW Star article on P5 jobs that will likely be open

Harry

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I’m not super worried about Tech, but worried Kansas takes a chance in SL, young and offensive guy that has had some success

I️ would worry about maybe an SEC team but I️ don’t think he would take the Kansas job even if he was offered. That Kansas job is a dumpster fire

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I’m not super worried about Tech, but worried Kansas takes a chance in SL, young and offensive guy that has had some success

Good point. He has coached there too. Although that's a really tough job. Much harder to be competitive in conference there than here. He has this thing trending up, and can keep winning until he gets a really good offer.

• Upvote 3

Kansas and coach David Beaty have agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2021 season. The new incentive-laden agreement increases Beaty's salary from $800,000 to $1.6 million in 2017, with $100,000 increases every year.Dec 12, 2016

Seems to me to secure Littrell for another year we have to figure out a way to get his compensation close to what a lower level p5 Kansas type of school will pay.  Also tie in a “if you stay here for 2-3 years we will vest you in a 1 million dollar retirement account” etc etc.  he needs to know he can make close to p5 money and have more security AND that he won’t have to reload his assistant pool every damn year.

Kansas football will never be successful until the Jayhawks move themselves off the alter of King Basketball.  Basketball interests at KU will never allow a threat from a successful football program.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Kansas is who I would be worried about too.  Fits the profile of Seth.  Arkansas is SEC so I don't think we have to worry about them.

What if UNT did 2M per year for SL (I’m assuming that is near the top of not the top of G5 salaries) and in return UNT gets a larger % say 50% of the remaining contract potentially if he goes to a P5 and a game at said school or they come to UNT (to possibly lower the buyout %) and if he sucks his buyout from UNT is 1/4th of what remains on the contract.. 

4 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Kansas is who I would be worried about too.  Fits the profile of Seth.  Arkansas is SEC so I don't think we have to worry about them.

I don’t think SL is ready for the media of a bigger program, and while this isn’t major it’s just another he would need to improve. He has improved a lot from his first appearance but he still plays with cards/notes during his weekly presser vs Vito.

Also, SL I think really is happy being able to go out with his family and 99% of people have no idea who he is.

KU has put out plans to revamp its football stadium as well, so they could be getting serious as well. 

• Downvote 2

On 11/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, Harry said:

Kansas and coach David Beaty have agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2021 season. The new incentive-laden agreement increases Beaty's salary from $800,000 to $1.6 million in 2017, with $100,000 increases every year.Dec 12, 2016

Seems to me to secure Littrell for another year we have to figure out a way to get his compensation close to what a lower level p5 Kansas type of school will pay.  Also tie in a “if you stay here for 2-3 years we will vest you in a 1 million dollar retirement account” etc etc.  he needs to know he can make close to p5 money and have more security AND that he won’t have to reload his assistant pool every damn year.

The question here is do we have the big money donors to even think about this? 

51 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

$1,600,000 for Littrell is not out of our donors realm.

It will be just mind boggling to imagine the heads that will want to explode within the UNT Family if SL got a raise like this for 2018. Just thinking about the fact that we wouldn’t pay out an extra $300k to get rid of Todd Dodge because it would cost us an extra year of his contract in 2010 , it really does illustrate how different things are right now. Here’s to hoping it never goes away again in Denton...

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

It will be just mind boggling to imagine the heads that will want to explode within the UNT Family if SL got a raise like this for 2018. Just thinking about the fact that we wouldn’t pay out an extra $300k to get rid of Todd Dodge because it would cost us an extra year of his contract in 2010 , it really does illustrate how different things are right now. Here’s to hoping it never goes away again in Denton...

...not to mention under $100k for a lost-cause basketball coach just last year.

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

To add to this, is there a contingency plan in case a P5 comes in and offers him $3 Million a year?

I'm not sure if I'd trust the team to Harrell at this point

Considering who he hired for basketball I think he will definitely look for someone with more experience.  Graham will probably go with Seth. 

• Upvote 1