Bowl Projections 11/12/2017

unt_rocket09

44 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

An old buddy and fellow UNT alum told me today K-State would bring more fans than Tech.  I don't know about that.  Not sure Tech gets bowl eligible with who they play their next games with.

GMG!

K-State is one of the best traveling fan bases, right up there with Nebraska I believe.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The MWC and AAC are in the catbird's seat right now for being the G5s that can pluck away the Big XII's leftovers when that conference dies off here in the next 8 years or so when their GOR expires and those with options are taken and those without are now G5s.

The MWC, especially, wants to get back in Texas, but they know that by waiting this out, they can get ties to the state again, with this pool of teams as potential choices (Tech, TCU, Baylor, Rice, UTSA, UTEP, and us). Lets say that Tech doesn't get left out in the G5 cold, leaving the others to consider, but then add in Iowa State and Kansas State as probable leftovers, you can see quickly where this is going. The MWC will get stronger than they already are by adding in 2-4 more teams to their conferences to get to 14 or 16 teams. My guess is that they will go for KSU, TCU, Baylor, and UH to move over. If they cannot get UH, they will go for UTSA because of the TV market, bowl tie-in, and SA being a destination city. For CUSA, either of those scenarios involve losing either Rice to replace UH in the AAC or replacing UTSA, with ULL replacing Rice and Texas State replacing UTSA.

I have never read from any reliable source that the MWC wants to expand to Texas.In fact, I have never even read from an unreliable source they want back in Texas, and that includes adding UTEP, who is in  their time zone.If the Big 12 does implode in 4 to 5 years, the ones that weren't invited to Pac 12,Big 10, or SEC might be a good fit for the AAC. At the end or the day CUSA and the SBC will be staring at one another.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The P5 schools are not going to be able to fill their bowl slots and there is going to be lots of swapping bowls this year.

Houston is probably the best available match up, followed by Army because it’s a Saturday game.  I don’t think we are going to see a P5 school in one of the 3 DFW bowls this year.

I also think threads about fictional conference realignment should wait until off season.

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

You're post he was referring to simply said WM didn't have the horses up front compared to Iowa.

His response was not that Iowa is bad, just that WM might be as good.

I'm going to say that Iowa's OL is better than WM. Not because one is a P5 and the other is G5, but because Iowa has a history of turning out OL to the pro game. 

Also, UNT handled the Iowa running game for 3 Qtrs, till Iowa was down its 4th RB in the 4th Qtr. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1

11 hours ago, Rudy said:

Therein lies the problem. A lot of people aren't familiar with MAC Football

When you play all of your games in the middle of the week, people tend to be focused on other stuff than watching non-power league college football.

MACtion is the worst thing that a G5 could accept. You basically made your college football games a midweek TV filler for ESPN.

17 hours ago, NorthCoast said:

As of 11/12, I'm forecasting a potential NIU vs UNT matchup.

A matchup with NIU would be fun.

On 11/14/2017 at 8:30 AM, AustinFromUNT said:

He has us playing against Louisville in the Frisco bowl

HAHAHAHA

Edited by Aldo

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

If we played a MAC school, would they require we move the game to a Tuesday night?

Well I'll be.  The MAC was on last night, game lasted past midnight and maybe 300 attended the game.  They sold out to ESPN and it looks terrible.