Bowl Projections 11/12/2017

unt_rocket09

There will be some changes in CUSA bowl eligible programs. La. Tech and UTSA could both have only 5 wins each when they meet the last game of the season.MTSU and ODU could be it the same position. I would love to play Army in Ft. Worth. If Oklahoma can play either OSU or TCU twice in the same year I don't see and problem with us playing the Black Nights again. The game I am not looking forward to is the rematch with FAU on the road, which would be the 2nd time we have played them this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

This might sound selfish, but I really hope we play in Dallas or Frisco. No Fort Worth, because we would play army.

I do like the opponent of Colorado State!

It would be a bowl rematch as we played them at New Orleans Bowl back when we were in the Belt.

3 minutes ago, wardly said:

There will be some changes in CUSA bowl eligible programs. La. Tech and UTSA could both have only 5 wins each when they meet the last game of the season.MTSU and ODU could be it the same position. I would love to play Army in Ft. Worth. If Oklahoma can play either OSU or TCU twice in the same year I don't see and problem with us playing the Black Nights again. The game I am not looking forward to is the rematch with FAU on the road, which would be the 2nd time we have played them this season.

no more Army... they are a great opponent, but 3 times in 2 years is already enough for me...

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, wardly said:

Ditto.

Whose to say Army doesn't get moved around since that seems to happen with these bowl games? 

It would be a DFW area recruiting boon no matter who we play.  These kids don't care who we play at the bowl level. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Ditto.

Whose to say Army doesn't get moved around since that seems to happen with these bowl games? 

It would be a DFW area recruiting boon no matter who we play.  These kids don't care who we play at the bowl level. 

GMG!

Army has already accepted the invitation to the Armed Forces bowl.  That is the one piece that is set in stone. 

Given that probably no one in college football fandom would be super excited about a bowl matchup with UNT (we're still building our brand), it's hard for us to turn our collective noses up at anyone.  That said, the New Mexico bowl for whatever reason is probably the least attractive of the options in my opinion.  Nothing against a possible matchup with CSU as they would be a great opponent and test for our team.  Can't quite explain it, but the New Mexico bowl just doesn't do it for me.   I'd have no problem playing Army and building on our history with that storied program.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

it's not just the 2nd time in 1 year but 4 times in 2 years.

3 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

For what it’s worth: The Armed Forces Bowl & The New Mexico Bow have already contacted UNT. In fact, they have been at the past few home games in the press area.

source? 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

PLEASE!  NOT THE FRISCO BOWL.

UNT would only be at the Frisco bowl if it was the only offer.. it will not be the only offer.. Armed Forces, HoD are the likely targets with Independence (if offered) could over take a DFW game, then New Mexico as the dark horse with not a big choice I would think.

1 minute ago, mgfan said:

yes

Lmao so dumb.. 

• Downvote 2