Attendance

oldguystudent

11 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

LOL the shit some people said to me when I was uniform, i wouldn't wish that upon anyone... Driving home on leave, had people call me a baby-killer, and spit at me... Students saying "hope you don't drown on your way home" to lamar players, really good stuff since they are on a football sideline!

Why are you driving home on leave in uniform? Just...uncomfortably dumb. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, meangreenthirteen said:

Yeah I'm not too worried about hurting the feelings of Army bros. And this idea that we should treat them with kid gloves because they are going to serve is absurd and insulting to them. They're a football team. 

Not treating them with kid gloves. I gave West Pointers a hard time all the time about their football team, but it was all in fun. At the end of the day, I want to see them be successful, juts not against UNT. I will be cheering for UNT to win and will call my West Point buddies to give them a hard time if the Mean Green win, but I won't go and treat them like we treat UTSA after the game.

14 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

that is the best take away from the post? LOL you skip over everything else.. 

Yeah...I did skip right over it. And for someone that actually saw and tried to render aid to your cliche Vietnam post-mortem comment on several instances, I never once had anyone call me a baby killer or spit at me. But I never pulled a "look at me" move either, like drive home in my blues or digis.  In fact, our welcome homes in the mid 00's were very welcoming, particularly in Banger, ME where a host of old timers would post up and high five us and hug us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah...I did skip right over it. And for someone that actually saw and tried to render aid to your cliche Vietnam post-mortem comment on several instances, I never once had anyone call me a baby killer or spit at me. But I never pulled a "look at me" move either, like drive home in my blues or digis.  In fact, our welcome homes in the mid 00's were very welcoming, particularly in Banger, ME where a host of old timers would post up and high five us and hug us. 

ahh okay since it never happened to you, it never happened to anyone lol.. You have totally missed the point of having classless students in the stands... They can rag on people but some shit crosses the line and guys on the Army Sideline should not be exposed to that.. I mean dear lord, on the podcast ashton talked about a cop telling someone to shut up or get out.. 

This thread has been derailed because of some fans of UNT would not, and do not want the other teams players exposed to senseless/down right terrible things being said.. Yes they are on the sideline, but saying "hope you don't drown on the way home" to a Lamar player just crosses a line... Again it doesn't affect likely most people, but still someone saying stuff like that is down right terrible and makes everyone attracted to UNT look bad since nothing was done about it most likely

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2017 at 5:00 AM, Venson said:

They will definitely do something. Being retired Army, I will be slightly conflicted. It's hard to root against young men who will soon be leading Soldiers and putting their life on the line for this country, but I am Mean Green all day. So, I won't say I am cheering against them, I will just be cheering for Mean Green more.

This is easy! Cheer for them after the game, or when they graduate, or cheer against them the way they cheer against Navy. Or look at it like this, we learn a lot by losing. Maybe they need that lesson since they are 8-2?

Just now, UNTexas said:

This is easy! Cheer for them after the game, or when they graduate, or cheer against them the way they cheer against Navy. Or look at it like this, we learn a lot by losing. Maybe they need that lesson since they are 8-2?

That's a technique. I certainly will be cheering for UNT.

• Upvote 1