Attendance

oldguystudent

32 minutes ago, Silent Eagle said:

It’s simply silly to read what you said. Maybe the Army is weird about West Point- still don’t understand your ties to West Point when you didn’t go to West Point. 

Silver, it's a hard to understand some peoples' feelings for the service academies.  First and foremost, I'm a graduate of North Texas and want them to succeed and win every game, in every sport, every year.  Period.

And, make no mistake, I'll be yelling for the Mean Green to take down Army next weekend.

As a draftee, I did my stint in the Army.  That is my only affiliation with West Point.  Still, I support Army, West Point, and the Corps' mission and commitment to protect and serve our country.

READ MY TAGLINE AT THE BOTTOM OF MY OF MY POST.

But come Saturday........"BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ARMY"!

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Did you attend West Point? If not there shouldn't be any confliction.

No I didn't attend West Point, but you cannot serve beside young men in combat knowing what they go through and knowing that these young men will experience the same thing soon and not hope for the best for them. I am not going for West point in the game, but it is still tough all the same.

4 hours ago, meangreenthirteen said:

This is kinda silly. When they're on the field, they're a football team. Cheering against them in that respect in no way says anything about your support for the armed forces. 

You are right they are a football team when they are on the field. That being said, I still know the future that sits in front of them. I just know they are putting blood, sweat, and tears into a game, but soon they will putting all that into leading men and women in combat and in that business everything is measured in feet and seconds and the consequences are final. When you serve with them, you always will want their lives prior to that time to be the most enjoyable. By no means am I wanting Army to win, it still doesn't make it any easier.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Venson said:

No I didn't attend West Point, but you cannot serve beside young men in combat knowing what they go through and knowing that these young men will experience the same thing soon and not hope for the best for them. I am not going for West point in the game, but it is still tough all the same.

I’ve went up to West Point when I was on Active Duty and it’s was honestly a Great experience.. would recommend it to any active/Veteran for them to go up for a game.. heck go up for the 1st or 2nd game and you can see West Point holding branch week and you can talk with all the different branches of the Army from  Aviation, Armor, Engineers, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I’ve went up to West Point when I was on Active Duty and it’s was honestly a Great experience.. would recommend it to any active/Veteran for them to go up for a game.. heck go up for the 1st or 2nd game and you can see West Point holding branch week and you can talk with all the different branches of the Army from  Aviation, Armor, Engineers, etc.

So, then you understand my confliction? Do I want UNT to win? Yes. But when you have fought alongside men in combat, and know what it is all about, it's hard to not want the best for these young men who are volunteering to do the same thing. Before anyone says well they should have gone to school somewhere else, they didn't. They went to this school full well knowing that one day they may have to put their life on the line for this country. Are they active duty yet? No. But they will be soon asked to do what most student athletes will never be asked to do and that is defend this country to the point that it may cost them their lives. 

Now back to a lighter note. Go Mean Green. Beat Army.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

So, then you understand my confliction? Do I want UNT to win? Yes. But when you have fought alongside men in combat, and know what it is all about, it's hard to not want the best for these young men who are volunteering to do the same thing. Before anyone says well they should have gone to school somewhere else, they didn't. They went to this school full well knowing that one day they may have to put their life on the line for this country. Are they active duty yet? No. But they will be soon asked to do what most student athletes will never be asked to do and that is defend this country to the point that it may cost them their lives. 

Now back to a lighter note. Go Mean Green. Beat Army.

Oh I do, and I’m in the same situation as you in terms of pulling and cheering.

My biggest issue is the student section.. I heard some down right awful things vs Lamar, UAB and UTSA.. I hope Army does not hear anything close.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

My biggest issue is the student section.. I heard some down right awful things vs Lamar, UAB and UTSA.. I hope Army does not hear anything close.

Doubt it will happen, but if that’s the worst thing they experience in uniform, I think they’ll be ok.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

Doubt it will happen, but if that’s the worst thing they experience in uniform, I think they’ll be ok.  

Hope not hearing things like students saying “hope you don’t  drown on the way home” to Lamar players is disappointing and shows a lack of class.. 

I’ve had a few people say messed up stuff to me when I was uniform and it’s uncalled for crossed the line. 

• Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Hope not hearing things like students saying “hope you don’t  drown on the way home” to Lamar players is disappointing and shows a lack of class.. 

I’ve had a few people say messed up stuff to me when I was uniform and it’s uncalled for crossed the line. 

sticks and stones. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I’m still in a uniform- words hurt a lot less than rounds. They’ll be fine if students get stupid. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Yeah I'm not too worried about hurting the feelings of Army bros. And this idea that we should treat them with kid gloves because they are going to serve is absurd and insulting to them. They're a football team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:00 AM, Venson said:

They will definitely do something. Being retired Army, I will be slightly conflicted. It's hard to root against young men who will soon be leading Soldiers and putting their life on the line for this country, but I am Mean Green all day. So, I won't say I am cheering against them, I will just be cheering for Mean Green more.

I'm an active Duty Army Officer and I understand where you're coming from.  However, as a proud UNT Alum I have no issue with cheering against Army at all.  If we pull this off I can't wait to talk some smack to my West Point peers and subordinates!

Edited by GAMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Question...When looking online and seats that are avaliable section 211 and 212 are both greyed out, they aren't sold out(not 100% sure but unlikely). Also the wing section only shows about 40-60 seats open in the middle of it and the rest is greyed out. 

Whats the reason behind this? Just trying to pack people in the main section before expanding to the other sections? 

The ticket office only releases a few certain seats to ticketmaster online.

The seat map online is in no way indicative of how many tickets have or haven't been sold.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, meangreenthirteen said:

Yeah I'm not too worried about hurting the feelings of Army bros. And this idea that we should treat them with kid gloves because they are going to serve is absurd and insulting to them. They're a football team. 

LOL the shit some people said to me when I was uniform, i wouldn't wish that upon anyone... Driving home on leave, had people call me a baby-killer, and spit at me... Students saying "hope you don't drown on your way home" to lamar players, really good stuff since they are on a football sideline!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3