Attendance

oldguystudent

5 minutes ago, SlimSlamSlum said:

I wonder if the 4:00 start played a role in that. That was still late enough to get some real tailgating done and early enough to make the parties afterward. 

My exact thoughts! I loved the 4:00 start. It for sure helped with ppl staying for the whole game. 

What keeps us from doing more 4:00 starts in the future?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, Venson said:

They will definitely do something. Being retired Army, I will be slightly conflicted. It's hard to root against young men who will soon be leading Soldiers and putting their life on the line for this country, but I am Mean Green all day. So, I won't say I am cheering against them, I will just be cheering for Mean Green more.

Did you attend West Point? If not there shouldn't be any confliction.

5 hours ago, Venson said:

They will definitely do something. Being retired Army, I will be slightly conflicted. It's hard to root against young men who will soon be leading Soldiers and putting their life on the line for this country, but I am Mean Green all day. So, I won't say I am cheering against them, I will just be cheering for Mean Green more.

This is kinda silly. When they're on the field, they're a football team. Cheering against them in that respect in no way says anything about your support for the armed forces. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, SlimSlamSlum said:

I wonder if the 4:00 start played a role in that. That was still late enough to get some real tailgating done and early enough to make the parties afterward. 

And party they did. https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Floor-Collapses-at-Denton-Apartment-Complex-456999683.html

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

Did you attend West Point? If not there shouldn't be any confliction.

Sorry but Active Duty and Veterans  personal still support West Point because it’s a very small number of people who have worn that uniform at any time and it’s their branch of service. I’m pulling for UNT, but if Army wins I’m happy too. #BeatNavy

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10

17 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Sorry but Active Duty and Veterans  personal still support West Point because it’s a very small number of people who have worn that uniform at any time and it’s their branch of service. I’m pulling for UNT, but if Army wins I’m happy too. #BeatNavy

When we played USNA, I never once felt conflicted. I wanted to see UNT beat the stuffing out of Shipwreck Tech. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1