OFFICIAL UTEP vs. UNT GAME THREAD

Harry

33 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

So this year we've brought back Mac and Dickey.  There seems to be a glaring omission here.  Hmmm...

Ramon Flanigan?

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Anyone know who the long haired kid running past the UTEP fans with Pom poms chanting, "0-10!" Was?

Ugh.  Have some class.

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

if whatever internet you're using isn't of a speed/quality to handle a live streamed football game, how is ESPN to blame?

I guess some people aren't as much for personal responsibility as you'd otherwise project

Gee smart ass, I've watched every other game on ESPN3 this year without this level of crap from ESPN.  But you are probably correct. ESPN3 failed due to my lack of personal responsibility. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I talked to Jonas Buckles before the game.  He said "we never had all this when I was here" and said he was happy to be the "infancy" of everything that has been built.  

Makes me laugh even harder when some of our younger fans whine about what they think we should be.

Your sig line is particularly tasty tonight.  I walked out tonight thinking of all the recruits watching this game and wanting to attend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I talked to Jonas Buckles before the game.  He said "we never had all this when I was here" and said he was happy to be the "infancy" of everything that has been built.  

Makes me laugh even harder when some of our younger fans whine about what they think we should be.

Yep, Dickey and the players who were on those early '00 teams should take pride in knowing that they laid the foundation for what we have and are on the verge of becoming.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

LOL!  Made me think of this...

189hqk.jpg

Not sure what you're trying to say here.  If you're saying that it was me, ummm no.  

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Not cool.  Win, and do it with class.

Yeah, that's what I and the NT police officer were trying to tell him.

3 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

No. I was already thinking of the "no class" thing and when I saw your name as part of the comment, the whole thing came together.

Ok, just checking.  No one would act like a douche, then come on here and be proud of.......well, on second thought.....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Dickey seemed pretty happy about coming back.

Gotta be special for him to see what the university has become.

I would hope so; he had a hand in the beginning donor work towards what would eventually become Apogee.

I want to know what the chant he led in the end zone with his former players was.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Buckles=GOAT

Love Booger, love Lance, love Johnny, love Craig,  love Zac, love Brelan, love Craig, love Tobe, love Adrian, love Pat, love Jamario, love Riley, love everyone.....  but Jonas Buckles is the GOAT of my time. 

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Buckles=GOAT

Love Booger, love Lance, love Johnny, love Craig,  love Zac, love Brelan, love Craig, love Tobe, love Adrian, love Pat, love Jamario, love Riley, love everyone.....  but Jonas Buckles is the GOAT of my time. 

Why?  Jonus Buckles was one the hardest hitting DBs that I’ve ever seen play at NT.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Green P1 said:

Absolutely he was. 

Mr. Craig Jones may have something to say about this.  Then again, the NMSU TE would probably picked Buckles, but $20 says he's still not sure what hit him.

Edited by UNTLifer

59 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Was disappointed when I heard a female student say "This is why I don't go to football games!" after that touchdown we handed UTEP. Had to assure her that we would win this game.

As I was walking through the blue lot about 15 min before KO, I heard two 20-somethings guys talking. 

One threw out this major HSO..."I think we're having a decent year, may even have a winning record."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

As I was walking through the blue lot about 15 min before KO, I heard two 20-somethings guys talking. 

One threw out this major HSO..."I think we're having a decent year, may even have a winning record."

You should have blown his mind and told him we have a better record than the whorns.

• Upvote 1