Get Off the Hill and Into the Game

Mike Jackson

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

#fakenews 

Alumni side was 55-60%, easy. Easily their best turnout of the year as well. 

agreed on this...section 205 was the fullest it has been all season. the alumni side looked very full from my view, but the student side was fuller.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

This game it was NOT thr students who were to blame.  I brought my extended family to the game, so we had to sit in the wing...from there I could clearly see how poorly the alumni side turned out for this game.  #Sad

Plenty of people on that hill weren’t current students.   Many where former students (who didn’t graduate) there exclusively to reconnect with their Greek Chapter but not UNT.  That is why some of them never came in.  I know this for a fact cause I discovered people I have known for years that I never knew attended UNT on Facebook post today.  My statement was not meant to suggest students were exclusively the people on the Hill.  

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Or students just move into them.. 

People will go if they wanna go, it’s not because of a physical presence of a ticket.. 

It’s been said, emailed (weekly and text alerted to you, once you have submitted your info) and posted outside Apogee the step by step process to do the student tickets.. literally the easiest thing I have ever done is get my ticket.. it’s  difficult because most are drunk and to lazy to spend 45 seconds doing the steps lol

It was a LITTLE bit easier this time. It still doesn't work great. I bought student guest tickets and couldn't add them to my Apple wallet even though it had a "add to Apple wallet" button under each ticket. 

Id like to know what other universities use this system and how it works for them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

#fakenews 

Alumni side was 55-60%, easy. Easily their best turnout of the year as well. 

1 hour ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

agreed on this...section 205 was the fullest it has been all season. the alumni side looked very full from my view, but the student side was fuller.

Yes and yes. 

3 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

It was a LITTLE bit easier this time. It still doesn't work great. I bought student guest tickets and couldn't add them to my Apple wallet even though it had a "add to Apple wallet" button under each ticket. 

Id like to know what other universities use this system and how it works for them. 

Was on the ticket office 2 hours before the game and 1 person was in there and the ticket person was doing it for the fan.. 

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I talked to some students today and they absolutely HATE the new digital student tickets. Would much rather go by the booths on campus. Part of the reason being it’s kind of a reminder and that having a physical ticket makes you more likely to got to the game 

Completely agree....I think they should still keep the digital tickets but bring back the ticket trailer on campus. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cerebus said:

No way it was that empty.   It was disappointing, but not 3/4 empty.

Club level was the fullest I have seen it all year, in fact in many years.  

Maaaaaaybe 35%. There was an illusion going on with having to not count empty seat-backs that looked at first like bodies. From where I was directly across and in the upper bowl, it looked to be that no particular section on the alumni side was half-full, with one or two outliers like 205 about 85% there.

• Downvote 5

9 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Maaaaaaybe 35%. There was an illusion going on with having to not count empty seat-backs that looked at first like bodies. From where I was directly across and in the upper bowl, it looked to be that no particular section on the alumni side was half-full, with one or two outliers like 205 about 85% there.

What is it with kids today and trying desperately to get attention on the internet?

12 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

What is it with kids today and trying desperately to get attention on the internet?

Let me be clear. The dumb statements, actions, and general trolling that Austin has performed this week has been dumb dumb dumb.

But let's be real, the alumni side was not half-full. I, however, long for the day when Wren does what RV could never do and get all those masses on the student side flipped into season-ticket holders across the way. I was one of those for a time, but it was not in the cards this year. I've actually quite enjoyed this season and sitting in a different spot each game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

50 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Completely agree....I think they should still keep the digital tickets but bring back the ticket trailer on campus. 

Why?

They send emails with instructions on how to get tickets to the students email.. the same email students use for classes, enroll and get their tickets.. 

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Why?

They send emails with instructions on how to get tickets to the students email.. the same email students use for classes, enroll and get their tickets.. 

For members of this board that are students, like myself, we don’t care how to get tickets because we will always figure out a way to attend. The students that are casual fans are not going to sit there and check an email that looks like spam or an advertisement. A casual student fan is more likely to pick up a ticket on campus then go through the “perceived inconvenience” of getting a digital ticket. In summary, some students are very lazy. I don’t know what else to say about it other than I have heard this a lot this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

For members of this board that are students, like myself, we don’t care how to get tickets because we will always figure out a way to attend. The students that are casual fans are not going to sit there and check an email that looks like spam or an advertisement. A casual student fan is more likely to pick up a ticket on campus then go through the “perceived inconvenience” of getting a digital ticket. In summary, some students are very lazy. I don’t know what else to say about it other than I have heard this a lot this year. 

Then you’re aware that the emails are not an ad, nor that it’s spam since it says UNT football in the title.. 

people in the ticket office are more than willing to do it for Students, nor are they turning away students at the gate.. the logic that it’s someone else fault because someone doesn’t want to do 45 seconds of work is ridiculous and the excuse it prevents people from coming is hilarious because it saves way more time than a paper ticket.. you can claim tickets by texting yes to the text alert.. invest 45 seconds and you can avoid having the whole going to the mall, waiting in line, giving the ID and them printing it (which takes more than 45 seconds).

• Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I simply do not understand what was wrong with the old way of show up with student ID, scan student ID, enter game.  

Cheaper, less man power needed sitting around for multiple days to give out tickets, quicker and hipper.. also, allows for students to upgrade/but additional tickets. 

sports teams, colleges, music festivals, etc are all doing this because everyone has a phone and is less likely to lose their phone over tickets.

• Downvote 3

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Cheaper, less man power needed sitting around for multiple days to give out tickets, quicker and hipper.. also, allows for students to upgrade/but additional tickets. 

sports teams, colleges, music festivals, etc are all doing this because everyone has a phone and is less likely to lose their phone over tickets.

Wut?  In my student days, there was ZERO additional man power.  You went to the gate with your student ID.  They scanned it with the same scanner they used for regular tickets.  You entered the stadium. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

Wut?  In my student days, there was ZERO additional man power.  You went to the gate with your student ID.  They scanned it with the same scanner they used for regular tickets.  You entered the stadium. 

Last year it was having 2 people in a trailer swiping ID cards, printing tickets.. They would sit there from 10-2/3/4pm some days.. got to think, say the students are making 7 bucks an hour x2 then there for 5 hours 3 or 4 days a week it adds up when you can simple have students enter their own information and have it sent as a text to claim your ticket.

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I am clearly not speaking English here.  Carry on. 

Sorry, people complaining saying it’s to hard to get a digital ticket with people willing to do it for you is stupid.. it’s also stupid to think it turns away fans, when they will just give students tickets as well. 

Welcome to 2017, carry on if you can’t deal with technology.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Sorry, people complaining it’s to hard to get a digital ticket with people willing to do it for you is stupid.. it’s also stupid to think it turns away fans, when they will just give students tickets as well. 

Welcome to 2017, carry on if you can’t deal with technology.. 

You’re missing his point...his model is, show up to the gate on gameday and show the guy at the gate your student ID card, they scan the card at the gate and you’re in...very simple process that seems to be the perfect way to do it.   Do you do this stuff on purpose? 

8 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I am clearly not speaking English here.  Carry on. 

I have to believe he is doing a bit

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1