Get Off the Hill and Into the Game

Mike Jackson

Weeks ago a couple of people mentioned the Greek organizations and “general student on the hill” party mentality as an attendance problem.  And today Homecoming double the scene on the Hill same numbers inside the stadium.  Even the Mean Green broadcast team mentioned it.  So the next time someone says we don’t deserve Seth here just be quiet cause evidence shows we don’t.  To all the Greeks and Students partying on the  hill if it isn’t about your school then what is it about?   Stop killing perfect good grass for nothing and rent a convention center room.

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 12

28 minutes ago, Travis said:

This is something that happens literally everywhere. 

Half empty at kickoff for homecoming at kickoff does not happen everywhere.  A lot G5 program maybe and poorly performing doormat P5 programs.  This isn’t a poorly performing team and it is about to clinch a division title.  Did not happen at Kansas State and a couple other teams I have watched over the yeras

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Half empty at kickoff for homecoming at kickoff does not happen everywhere.  A lot G5 program maybe and poorly performing doormat P5 programs.  This isn’t a poorly performing team and it is about to clinch a division title.  Did not happen at Kansas State and a couple other teams I have watched over the yeras

have you tried going over to talk to them?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 6

14 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This game it was NOT thr students who were to blame.  I brought my extended family to the game, so we had to sit in the wing...from there I could clearly see how poorly the alumni side turned out for this game.  #Sad

With that being said, do we know where the “recent grad seats” are that they gave away for free or discounted before the year?  

Lets hope some make the upgrade

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

This game it was NOT thr students who were to blame.  I brought my extended family to the game, so we had to sit in the wing...from there I could clearly see how poorly the alumni side turned out for this game.  #Sad

Yep. About 80% full for students side, 25% full for alumni.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, diehardUNTfan said:

Dang they need to get rid of those green seats at the 50 yard line. Nobody ever sits in them and it looks bad on tv.  Take those out and give those seats to the students, or people who will actually sit there. 

Or students just move into them.. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I talked to some students today and they absolutely HATE the new digital student tickets. Would much rather go by the booths on campus. Part of the reason being it’s kind of a reminder and that having a physical ticket makes you more likely to got to the game 

People will go if they wanna go, it’s not because of a physical presence of a ticket.. 

It’s been said, emailed (weekly and text alerted to you, once you have submitted your info) and posted outside Apogee the step by step process to do the student tickets.. literally the easiest thing I have ever done is get my ticket.. it’s  difficult because most are drunk and to lazy to spend 45 seconds doing the steps lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6