Georgio bowing up

Harry

8 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

The biggest “GET OFF MY LAWN!” move is when older people start quoting all they things they’ve done while you weren’t alive. As if any of that is your fault. 

OK, fair point. Let's compare what the two have done for the university at the same point in their lives. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I kinda don't think the 25 years where he was getting paid to support the team and attend games really counts the same as a regular Joe Fan that is supporting the team on their own dime.  Does it?  I mean, I definitely appreciate the way that George has stuck up for the program publicly, but wasn't that kind of his job?  Look at most of the broadcasters for various teams.  Most are enthusiastic supporters.  

Take Craig Miller, another alum, but not on the payroll.  He couldn't be more indifferent toward the program.  UNT has alums (Craig Way at UT Austin for example) that are enthusiastic supporters of other programs now because they get paid to be.  I will give George the benefit of the doubt, but it is not unreasonable to think that the 25 years of paychecks helped in some way to encourage his continued involvement with his alma mater's sports programs.

It will be interesting to see his involvement moving forward now that he is not on the payroll (to my knowledge).  I hope he continues to be a voice and enthusiastic support of the program.

• Upvote 9
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 6

21 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I kinda don't think the 25 years where he was getting paid to support the team and attend games really counts the same as a regular Joe Fan that is supporting the team on their own dime.  Does it?  I mean, I definitely appreciate the way that George has stuck up for the program publicly, but wasn't that kind of his job?  Look at most of the broadcasters for various teams.  Most are enthusiastic supporters.  

Take Craig Miller, another alum, but not on the payroll.  He couldn't be more indifferent toward the program.  UNT has alums (Craig Way at UT Austin for example) that are enthusiastic supporters of other programs now because they get paid to be.  I will give George the benefit of the doubt, but it is not unreasonable to think that the 25 years of paychecks helped in some way to encourage his continued involvement with his alma mater's sports programs.

It will be interesting to see his involvement moving forward now that he is not on the payroll (to my knowledge).  I hope he continues to be a voice and enthusiastic support of the program.

Have you listened to the broadcasters at other universities that aren’t North Texas alumni? They are terrible! There is NO WAY Georgio was getting Craig Way/UT  money for calling our games. We are tremendously lucky to have Dave Barnett right now.

• Downvote 1

Georgie loves big timing people. He is DD’s boy and swung off Todd Dodge’s nutsack. Yeah, I’m talking to you Dunham.

Now, I love that he’s a big supporter publicly and financially, but have a piece of humble pie. No one gives a crap about “Old Denton”. Good bye and good riddance to all that. 

Now come to the game and shut up George. Bring Marge with you...,

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

9 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Is Dunham going to the game? I believe he said on the radio he didnt make the ODU game...

I heard an ad for a Bird Dogs show recently and I immediately thought “wait, that’s during one of the UNT football games”.   May have been the ODU Game.  

(For those that don’t know, George Dunham is the front man for a band called the Bird Dogs.)

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

because...#OldDenton.

It's a loser mentality and that's why we've been a bunch of losers. It's ingrained itself into the fabric of MeanGreen Athletics. Thanks, guys. That's why this new staff had to create a mind changing moniker right when they took over, and what else is better than #NewDenton? It's a proverbial middle finger to the previous coaching staffs, administrations, athletic directors, and fan base mindset. 

Who is proliferating loser mentality? You've said it so much, you actually believe that nothing and no one good has ever happened or been here, even when all it takes is a stupid simple google search.

New Denton is a marketing slogan to sell young people an ideology that what they are doing is new and fresh and has never been done before, and it is working on you, specifically.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I didn't say you did. I was answering a question that wasn't even asked by you. But you obviously felt offended by what I had to say and that says a lot. I don't shove anything in anyone's face. I state my opinion, and if you don't like what I have to say you can 1) beat your feet or 2) block me. 

I only defend Austin on this matter because who gives a shit? A radio guy that watched and called losing football for 25 years for whatever reason felt the need to correct and then belittle current students with his twitter fingers. Then people on this board condemn the practical kid and laugh with the adult. Sweet, cool, wgaf. 

Agreed. George should have researched to make sure Austin was out of college and not a "kid" before responding.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I heard an ad for a Bird Dogs show recently and I immediately thought “wait, that’s during one of the UNT football games”.   May have been the ODU Game.  

(For those that don’t know, George Dunham is the front man for a band called the Bird Dogs.)

Maybe. If I'm remembering correctly Dunham said he stayed at home when the OU fan asked if he had gone to the game. And I'm not saying he MUST be at every game, just that his response to Austin was a little unnecessary.  

I listen to the ticket, and it's an entertaining station, but I've never felt like they've given NT the kind of publicity worthy of the deity status some give them on here. Other than our former play-by-play voice working there we are essentially an afterthought in their programming.

And just for the record, I think SMU is an afterthought on the ticket as well, and that's the station that broadcasts SMU games. Both NT and SMU deserve more attention in local coverage. 

• Upvote 7

45 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Maybe. If I'm remembering correctly Dunham said he stayed at home when the OU fan asked if he had gone to the game. And I'm not saying he MUST be at every game, just that his response to Austin was a little unnecessary.  

I listen to the ticket, and it's an entertaining station, but I've never felt like they've given NT the kind of publicity worthy of the deity status some give them on here. Other than our former play-by-play voice working there we are essentially an afterthought in their programming.

And just for the record, I think SMU is an afterthought on the ticket as well, and that's the station that broadcasts SMU games. Both NT and SMU deserve more attention in local coverage. 

Yeah, looks like it was last weekend I was thinking of.  They played at 4pm at Dan’s Silverleaf overlapping with the LA Tech game. 

https://www.birddogsband.com/

• Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, MeanMag said:

Who is proliferating loser mentality? You've said it so much, you actually believe that nothing and no one good has ever happened or been here, even when all it takes is a stupid simple google search.

New Denton is a marketing slogan to sell young people an ideology that what they are doing is new and fresh and has never been done before, and it is working on you, specifically.

I don't proliferate anything. Our lack of success and track record does all the proliferating any one of us would like. Yes, we've have had success. In the 40's, 60's and 70's, 90's. Had FunBelt success in the early 00's. etc. But nothing significant to speak of in the students' lifetime or memory. But what is happening right now, is damn encouraging. 

And I am aware of what the NewDenton hashtag is for, and it's not working on me. It's essentially a recruiting tool. It was just ammunition to fire at the old mindset around here. So I used it. Lack of a better word, trolling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Yes, let’s break away from successful bits and talking about the CFP to talk about North Texas beating ODU.

We have to make them care. How do we do that?

Keep f’ing winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This whole thing is among the most banal things I've ever seen North Texas fans submit each other to.

9 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. A 40-point win on two of five passing. I watched the Mean Green don black in the dark near Gate 3.  All those moments will be lost in time, like urine down a men's room wall. Time to die.

However, it producing ^this^ quote is pretty fantastic.

21 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Now now Austin, you should know that you can't say anything even borderline aggressive to donors...just like me calling out that joe blow that buys all the green seats in the student section and then does nothing with them and thus the seats are empty since he doesn't bother to have anyone show up and sit in them. 

no-country-for-old-men-3.jpg?w=500

@John Williams =/= Joe Blow

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

17 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

This whole thing is so stupid. We’re hours from punching our ticket to the CUSA title game folks. Be happy for a change.

I don't know...I think clearly Jub and John needed to get ripped. 

I'm just glad we have Austin Emanjola and Ben Ragu there to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I don't know...I think clearly Jub and John needed to get ripped. 

I'm just glad we have Austin Emanjola and Ben Ragu there to do it.

I didn't rip anybody, John or George. Maybe George, but no more than he ripped into Austin.

My target was this small time fan base and it's big fish, small pond mentality. But as you were. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

17 hours ago, UNT90 said:

. . . it’s clear your personal agenda is more important than UNT athletic success. . . . He is perfectly OK with UNT sucking as long as he is worshiped as an alum.

Oh, look at the pot talking about a personal agenda.

George Dunham wants UNT athletic success as much as anybody on the planet.  You didn't personally agree with his view of how to get there; neither did I.  But just because you don't share his confidence in Hank doesn't mean he is okay with sabotaging UNT athletics.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2