Georgio bowing up

Harry

Just now, oldguystudent said:

From what I can tell about Dirk, he would probably get a wry smile on his face and just absolutely destroy you with a witty response. 

CBL got challenged a few years ago to meet a young man who posts rather often on here to say to his face the humorous and kinda sarcastic points that only CBL can make that were directed at that young man. 

It was a Ramon Flanigan versus SilverEagle type confrontation in the making...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's just the #OldDenton mentality. He even referenced it in his little twitter tweet. And he was a staple in #OldDenton. Don't worry about a single thing anyone says to you on this board or in person, particularly if they were drug through the downtrodden years of what has become known as #OldDenton. 

The two of you should start your own board and save NT from the rest of us. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

I have no dog in this fight. I just think it's funny the old folk call the younger folk snowflakes. Seems like #OldDenton is the sensitive ones and can't take a joke. If it was an honest mistake, the ignorance is funny. If it was to poke at George it's still funny. Who cares? 

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 9
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

4 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

I have no dog in this fight. I just think it's funny the old folk call the younger folk snowflakes. Seems like #OldDenton is the sensitive ones and can't take a joke. If it was an honest mistake, the ignorance is funny. If it was to poke at George it's still funny. Who cares? 

Donors, George's Administrative buddies at UNT, Season Ticket Holders, casual fans of the Ticket, etc...that's all

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, unt37 said:

Why even say something like this, they obviously bleed green like we all do. 

because...#OldDenton.

It's a loser mentality and that's why we've been a bunch of losers. It's ingrained itself into the fabric of MeanGreen Athletics. Thanks, guys. That's why this new staff had to create a mind changing moniker right when they took over, and what else is better than #NewDenton? It's a proverbial middle finger to the previous coaching staffs, administrations, athletic directors, and fan base mindset. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 9

You remind me of me a decade ago, Austin. Harness that passion and do something special. Just be careful, or else you’ll face the wrath of the old timers.

However, New Denton is still a dumb hashtag. How about instead of dividing fans and ex-players and alumni we not?

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

I didn’t say it because “....#OldDenton”.  I said it because you guys shoving your bullshit in everyone’s faces around here grew tiresome long ago.  I like and agree that we need a new attitude, but the approach the two of you take isn’t strengthening our fan base and it’s image as you claim to be your objective.  It makes us look petty and negative if anything.  I’m all for varied points of view but there is a wrong way to be right. 

I didn't say you did. I was answering a question that wasn't even asked by you. But you obviously felt offended by what I had to say and that says a lot. I don't shove anything in anyone's face. I state my opinion, and if you don't like what I have to say you can 1) beat your feet or 2) block me. 

I only defend Austin on this matter because who gives a shit? A radio guy that watched and called losing football for 25 years for whatever reason felt the need to correct and then belittle current students with his twitter fingers. Then people on this board condemn the practical kid and laugh with the adult. Sweet, cool, wgaf. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

28 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I didn't say you did. I was answering a question that wasn't even asked by you. But you obviously felt offended by what I had to say and that says a lot. 

Answering a question that was asked to me, so I obviously had a part in the conversation, but whatevs. 

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I'm still struggling to get the salt off my shoulder from the time George snapped at me for involuntarily chuckling at his impassioned "Hire Hank Dickenson as AD because he's my old friend!" speech during that super secret Ernie/Trip meeting in June of last year. 

Now I kinda wanna finally go get a twitter account and start a twitter trolling campaign with "Hey George!  You FINALLY gonna make it to a game?" 

Ha. This brings back memories. During that same inane speech, he talked about being “personally attacked” because of his open campaigning for Hank. He was referring to me tweeting both he and Smatresk and asking Smatresk not to let George get his friend a job. 

Guess what, Georgio? You don’t want criticism, don’t attempt to use you’re HUGE local public platform to good ole boy a friend a job. Yes, you can be questioned and should be AT EVERY TURN because it’s clear your personal agenda is more important than UNT athletic success. You talk about sports for a living. You aren’t any better than any other fan. Get over yourself. You shouldn’t have even been allowed inside a fan meeting as it was crystal clear that you would tell Hank everything you remembered from that meeting.

Georgio is everything old Denton. He is perfectly OK with UNT sucking as long as he is worshiped as an alum. Challenge him and he would rather ruin your fandom than allow someone so beneath him to submit such a challenge. His response to Austin (who, whether he likes it or not is so Ben Gooding 4 years ago and will eventually follow Ben’s path) is juvenile and indicative of #oldDenton. I️ mean, why even respond at all? 

Seems the rah rah fan club boys on this one opinion allowed forum have VERY short memories where UNT history is concerned. Here is a very short rehash:

Your now idol Georgio did everything in his power to make sure your also now idol Ween Baker didn’t get the job, and then did everything in his power to make sure your now idol Wren Baker was forced to retain a guy that VERY PUBLICLY campaigned for Wren Baker’s job. All because Georgio put his own self interests above UNTs. And using #OldDenton in that tweet is a direct shot a Baker. 

Seems like you rah-rah fan club boys have idol identification issues to me...

Adios mofos.

• Upvote 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 10

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Ha. This brings back memories. During that same inane speech, he talked about being “personally attacked” because of his open campaigning for Hank. He was referring to me tweeting both he and Smatresk and asking Smatresk not to let George get his friend a job. 

Guess what, Georgio? You don’t want criticism, don’t attempt to use you’re HUGE local public platform to good ole boy a friend a job. Yes, you can be questioned and should be AT EVERY TURN because it’s clear your personal agenda is more important than UNT athletic success. You talk about sports for a living. You aren’t any better than any other fan. Get over yourself. You shouldn’t have even been allowed inside a fan meeting as it was crystal clear that you would tell Hank everything you remembered from that meeting.

Georgio is everything old Denton. He is perfectly OK with UNT sucking as long as he is worshiped as an alum. Challenge him and he would rather ruin your fandom than allow someone so beneath him to submit such a challenge. His response to Austin (who, whether he likes it or not is so Ben Gooding 4 years ago and will eventually follow Ben’s path) is juvenile and indicative of #oldDenton. I️ mean, why even respond at all? 

Seems the rah rah fan club boys on this one opinion allowed forum have VERY short memories where UNT history is concerned. Here is a very short rehash:

Your now idol Georgio did everything in his power to make sure your also now idol Ween Baker didn’t get the job, and then did everything in his power to make sure your now idol Wren Baker was forced to retain a guy that VERY PUBLICLY campaigned for Wren Baker’s job. All because Georgio put his own self interests above UNTs. And using #OldDenton in that tweet is a direct shot a Baker. 

Seems like you rah-rah fan club boys have idol identification issues to me...

Adios mofos.

great post...i can not disagree with anything here....damn it!

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5