UHM.... Looking Past Army

MEANGREENCOACH2

Everything that I am reading has us just breezing through the remainder of our season and meeting up in the conference championship game at 9-3.  I understand, hypothetically 2 of the 3 remaining games should be cupcakes.  I am still not 100% sold that this team has the ability to show up every game and play 4 quarters.  Am I the only one that feels this way?

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Everything that I am reading has us just breezing through the remainder of our season and meeting up in the conference championship game at 9-3.  I understand, hypothetically 2 of the 3 remaining games should be cupcakes.  I am still not 100% sold that this team has the ability to show up every game and play 4 quarters.  Am I the only one that feels this way?

Every game is a battle and no opponent should be overlooked.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

The reason we can speculate about being in the C-USA final game is because our other 2 conference games are against teams that have a combined 1-17 record.
Army has nothing to do with that.
Of course we all know Army is going to be a huge challenge.  They're already bowl eligible!   I'm glad we have them at home, and no-doubt the guys will have revenge on their mind.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

The best part of playing Army is that this will be our 3rd time in under a year of practicing and playing against that offense.  They have a huge advantage over most opponents because defenses rarely see it.  I'm hoping our tackling is sure and the guys remember to stay in their gaps.  Need Mccain to play out of his mind again like he did @ West Point.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, edcollopy said:

The best part of playing Army is that this will be our 3rd time in under a year of practicing and playing against that offense.  They have a huge advantage over most opponents because defenses rarely see it.  I'm hoping our tackling is sure and the guys remember to stay in their gaps.  Need Mccain to play out of his mind again like he did @ West Point.

Yep.   
If there is ANY game out there where we could possibly leave our corners on islands & let McClain run wild, it's against Army.   Just need the corners to be disciplined in staying with their man & not peeking into the backfield where they'd get hit with a play fake.  Trust that McClain and Muhammad will be where they need to be.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

If they play 4 quarters against a FBS opponent it will be their first.  They're getting closer but they aren't there yet.  Now I will admit that UTEP and Rice are lower rated on paper but DON'T ignore them (and I don't believe that we will).

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The reason we can speculate about being in the C-USA final game is because our other 2 conference games are against teams that have a combined 1-17 record.
Army has nothing to do with that.
Of course we all know Army is going to be a huge challenge.  They're already bowl eligible!   I'm glad we have them at home, and no-doubt the guys will have revenge on their mind.

Just remember that revenge can be a two-edged sword. We did beat them soundly at their house last season. For all practical purposes the bowl game was a wash. This shapes up to be a revenge game and rubber match for both squads. Should be a helluva game!

• Upvote 1

Army is going to be a tough game for UNT.  Army is always on the national stage just because they are.........Army.  What a statement UNT Football could make if we won out against UTEP, ARMY, and Rice!  Our stock would shoot through the roof.

Dynamite the Miners!

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Just remember that revenge can be a two-edged sword. We did beat them soundly at their house last season. For all practical purposes the bowl game was a wash. This shapes up to be a revenge game and rubber match for both squads. Should be a helluva game!

Pretty sure the bowl game revenge was all Army needed.   They're the ones who are walking around with big HoD Bowl rings that they stole from UNT.   

UNT will be the only team with "revenge" on the mind 11/18.

• Upvote 2