Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Ozougwu bursts onto scene for UNT

Joe Ozougwu came to North Texas as a developmental project, and he hoped to follow the path blazed by his older brother in Conference USA.

The redshirt freshman linebacker had all the physical tools Cheta Ozougwu displayed at Rice before playing four seasons in the NFL. The former Alief Taylor standout just needed some time to tap into them.

The younger of the Ozougwu brothers showed he is further along in that process than pretty much anyone realized last week in the Mean Green's win over Louisiana Tech.

read more:  http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2017/11/09/ozougwu-bursts-onto-scene-unt

12 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Go Joe go  

Any news on Wheeler?

He's on the 2-deep. But Ozougwu probably sees lots of time, and other young guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Harry
      I know that playing Army 3 times in what seems like a year is overkill.  That said, there is a real passion about playing this team both on and off the field.  
      Heres what I know, every time we play them it is a dogfight.  They have some of the best fans I have ever seen us have in Apogee both in number and quality.  The atmosphere they brought to Apogee last night was special.
      I realize that playing them is a defensive coordinators nitemare.  And I know that we have played them a lot in a short amount of time.  I just think that there is something developing between these two programs that should not be ignored.
    • By Harry
      DENTON, Texas (AP) — Trevor Moore kicked a 39-yard field goal with 5 seconds left to give North Texas a wild 52-49 victory over Army on Saturday night, ending the Black Knights' six-game winning streak.
      Mason Fine threw for 386 yards and four touchdowns, including a quick 10-yard toss with no timeouts left to get the Mean Green (8-3) a little closer for Moore's winning kick.
      The longest winning streak for Army (8-3) since 1996 ended despite 244 yards rushing and two touchdowns from quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw.
      "My most important thing is winning football games," said Bradshaw, who set Army's single-season rushing record at 1,472 yards, breaking Collin Mooney's 9-year-old record of 1,339. "If I have zero yards and we win the game, I'll be happier than having a million yards and losing the game."
      read more:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/11/18/late-fg-lifts-north-texas-to-wild-52-49-victory-over-army/107842444/
  • Images