Volleyball beats wky

edcollopy

It's been a long, long, long time since I've set foot on a volleyball court and I know a lot of rules have changed.  I know that side out isn't a thing anymore.  

I thought that after the retirement of the side out that it's 30 points to win a game.  Is that maybe only on the men's side? (My other alma mater has a rather powerful men's program that I've caught a glimpse of once or twice, and I always see 30s, not 15s.) 

Do they still rotate through positions or is that a thing of the past?

Why does one person have a different colored jersey on?

Do we not believe in opposing teams having different colored uniforms so the viewer can tell who's who? 

25 points to win a set

rotating is still a thing

the different colored jersey is the teams designated 'libero', meaning she is free to enter/exit that game at any stoppage in play, but cannot attack or block the ball.

i thought the fact that both UNT and WKU were wearing black was weird as well.

12 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

It's been a long, long, long time since I've set foot on a volleyball court and I know a lot of rules have changed.  I know that side out isn't a thing anymore.  

I thought that after the retirement of the side out that it's 30 points to win a game.  Is that maybe only on the men's side? (My other alma mater has a rather powerful men's program that I've caught a glimpse of once or twice, and I always see 30s, not 15s.) 

Do they still rotate through positions or is that a thing of the past?

Why does one person have a different colored jersey on?

Do we not believe in opposing teams having different colored uniforms so the viewer can tell who's who? 

Yeah both wearing black was weird, but they stand on opposite sides of a net and never go to the other side, so I guess it's not that bad.

16 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

25 points to win a set

rotating is still a thing

the different colored jersey is the teams designated 'libero', meaning she is free to enter/exit that game at any stoppage in play, but cannot attack or block the ball.

i thought the fact that both UNT and WKU were wearing black was weird as well.

To add to that if it goes to a 5th set, it's only to 15 and you have to win by 2

• Upvote 1