Sign in to follow this  
edcollopy

Volleyball beats wky

Pack the house on Saturday! 11am according to the UNT Website for the Volleyball game, enough time see the VB (hopefully) win and then make it back to your tailgate!

• Upvote 1

History could be made on Saturday. A win clinches the regular season Conferenfe USA Championship, which would be a first ever championship for the program. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

If you weren’t there then you missed a heck of a game, you also missed me getting REALLY fired up haha.

You mean like this?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

You mean like this?

Yep that’s me 😂 was mimicking their HC who I’m pretty sure was about to have an aneurism.

McCasland actually came up to me after the game and put his arm around me and said good job basically haha.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Yep that’s me 😂 was mimicking their HC who I’m pretty sure was about to have an aneurism.

He did get a yellow card.. and ear-full from you!

• Upvote 2

New Denton is a great way to put the new positive feeling in the athletics atmosphere this year.

Has our volleyball team ever made it to the NCAA Tournament?

Dear Football team,

You can't let the Soccer & V-ball ladies just dust you like this.   Gotta play hard & win to stay on their level.

• Upvote 4

pretty awesome feeling today guys. 

Congrats to both ladies teams,

I'm tuning in tonight to see us beat up on the longhorns .

• Upvote 1

It's been a long, long, long time since I've set foot on a volleyball court and I know a lot of rules have changed.  I know that side out isn't a thing anymore.  

I thought that after the retirement of the side out that it's 30 points to win a game.  Is that maybe only on the men's side? (My other alma mater has a rather powerful men's program that I've caught a glimpse of once or twice, and I always see 30s, not 15s.) 

Do they still rotate through positions or is that a thing of the past?

Why does one person have a different colored jersey on?

Do we not believe in opposing teams having different colored uniforms so the viewer can tell who's who? 

25 points to win a set

rotating is still a thing

the different colored jersey is the teams designated 'libero', meaning she is free to enter/exit that game at any stoppage in play, but cannot attack or block the ball.

i thought the fact that both UNT and WKU were wearing black was weird as well.

12 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

It's been a long, long, long time since I've set foot on a volleyball court and I know a lot of rules have changed.  I know that side out isn't a thing anymore.  

I thought that after the retirement of the side out that it's 30 points to win a game.  Is that maybe only on the men's side? (My other alma mater has a rather powerful men's program that I've caught a glimpse of once or twice, and I always see 30s, not 15s.) 

Do they still rotate through positions or is that a thing of the past?

Why does one person have a different colored jersey on?

Do we not believe in opposing teams having different colored uniforms so the viewer can tell who's who? 

Yeah both wearing black was weird, but they stand on opposite sides of a net and never go to the other side, so I guess it's not that bad.

16 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

25 points to win a set

rotating is still a thing

the different colored jersey is the teams designated 'libero', meaning she is free to enter/exit that game at any stoppage in play, but cannot attack or block the ball.

i thought the fact that both UNT and WKU were wearing black was weird as well.

To add to that if it goes to a 5th set, it's only to 15 and you have to win by 2

• Upvote 1

plus their libero was in red...ours green...