Blotter: 10-year-old girl admits to scaring mother with steak knives

---Just remember that public schools have to deal with these kids too ... It can be a tough and dangerous job..... Every criminal in prison was probably in someones classroom .... My worst (by far) ... I had a class (about 18 low-achieving students)  that eventually 5 were charged with murder and two others were murder victims....   Most had terrible home lives ...Another in that class had a prostitute Mom and he slept in an abandoned van behind the house.. (so I was told). . Not every kid is like the kid in your house.    Also that year I had a kid in another class that later made  "America's Most Wanted"   ... plus another that died in drug deal gone bad after being shot by a shotgun.    ---- Most people really don't understand what we sometimes have/had to put up with.  ..  the above is far from typical ... never had another year even close ... but those people do exist. 

Also true ... I had a student that brought a gun to school but was "caught" on the grounds (was stuffed into his sock) before entering the building.... I had gotten him suspended the day before .... meant for me or the vice Principal ?  .. don't know ... Many years later he saw me and apologized for being such a jerk ...( no mention of the gun incident) ... I did not recognize him until he said who he was..... he was married and living a decent life then. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Lovely Take 1