ESPN names Chad Morris, Seth Littrell, Neal Brown among potential Kliff Kingsbury replacements

Harry

24 minutes ago, outoftown said:

He will.... but he'll probably have to wait another another year or two and will have to start back up considerably lower than Texas Tech HC. That is, if his son doesn't get in trouble at FAU by then.

Chiffon (KIF) is gone little Artie becomes FAU head coach.

TT should go after Kiffen... he seems to have a little pirate in him. Shake thing up!

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Tech owes Kingsbury $6 million if they fire him after this season. They get close to $30 million a year just in TV money. This won’t be why they don’t fire him.

And Art Briles will never coach again...

Morris will be A&M’s coach after this season ends. My worry is that SMU comes up here and raids Littrell and company to move to the Hilltop. 

This a joke. Your hard on for putting SMU on a pedestal shines through bright pretty frequently. That and telling us how we're not an athletics school, no one cares, the drop down, yada, yada, yada, etc. 

Seth Littrell is not going to SMU. End of story. 

*Though Morris very well may end up at ATM. 

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Chiffon (KIF) is gone little Artie becomes FAU head coach.

TT should go after Kiffen... he seems to have a little pirate in him. Shake thing up!

I doubt Kiffin is going to look favorably upon a place like T-tech. Not metropolitan enough for him. Also he sees this thing going well at FAU, I think he realizes that with his reputation he either gets a big job now (read bigger than T-Tech) or stay another year at FAU, as leaving would solidify the reputation of being Flakey which would actually delay him from getting a big job again.

Side question... if Briles Junior becomes HC....does he dare bringing his Dad on as an assistant?

56 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This a joke. Your hard on for putting SMU on a pedestal shines through bright pretty frequently. That and telling us how we're not an athletics school, no one cares, the drop down, yada, yada, yada, etc. 

Seth Littrell is not going to SMU. End of story. 

*Though Morris very well may end up at ATM. 

You mad, pal?

SMU has cash...that's all I'm saying. Chad Morris makes double what Seth Littrell does at the same level of football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Morris will be A&M’s coach after this season ends. My worry is that SMU comes up here and raids Littrell and company to move to the Hilltop. 

That is a lateral move for Seth and company for the most part.  I could see Graham as the head coach there.  Good head coaches don’t make moves within G5 unless you are counting BYU and the service academies.  Only thing SMU can provide more of is  money and visibility in DFW.  If you are really good you can win bigger there but sustaining it is another question.  The best G5 program in the country is Houston given the resources and recruiting footprint.  I could see a coach falling in love there like Gary Patterson and TCU.  You can run the table there and get into the playoff given a solid non-conference schedule which they have had in past seasons.   And Houston would instantly vault ahead of Tech in the Big 12 pecking order if they joined the Conference.

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

You mad, pal?

SMU has cash...that's all I'm saying. Chad Morris makes double what Seth Littrell does at the same level of football. 

Nobody is mad If is about money only UNT can close that pay gap.  Plus SMU would have to buy Seth out.   The staff will be getting a raise and consequently probably a higher buyout at the end of this year.  They may have something signed before or shortly after the Rice game.  So let me say thank you in advance to the SMU Alumni for paying our next coach.