Austin Ogunmakin- WR (ALIEF HASTINGS, HOUSTON)

Withers940

Believe this kid is making a commitment tomorrow

https://247sports.com/player/austin-ogunmakin-46037014

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4597488/austin-ogunmakin

3 Star according to 247. His JR highlights are impressive, catches the ball well away from his body and can catch in traffic. Great SIZE!

I couldn't find a topic on this guy so I do apologize if I repeated

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

we have 20 on the team at his position?  Seems like we should recruit in other areas. lb, db dl 

Yes we do have a lot at that position but only have 5 (Bussey, Lawrence, Smiley, Darden and Guyten) that actually produce and 1 of which is a senior. We did get Brewer in from Kansas, Greg White, Hair-Griffin which hasnt shown much "Yet" but other than that who do we have? At this point, we just need to get athletes in here and let SL figure out where they can go. If this kid signs with us and then RS his Freshman year, that means that he could possibly break in as a RSFreshman in a star studded group of Seniors Bussey, Lawrence, Guyton and JR Darden.

I do agree with you on LB's, DB, and DL's however but it doesnt hurt to keep bringing in athletes

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

we have 20 on the team at his position?  Seems like we should recruit in other areas. lb, db dl 

247's list is far from accurate. 

They have Jackson list as a senior, but he is a RS Jr.

They have Marcus Smith list as a junior yet he was a TE and graduated a couple of years ago.  They also list Kidsy, Harris, and Ivery that are long gone.

They have A. Jones listed although he is a DB.

Looking at our roster on MeanGreenSports.com, http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ntex-m-footbl-mtt.html, we have 19 listed and I believe only 9 are on scholarship (that number is my best guess.).

247 has never been accurate with this list.

• Lovely Take 1

11 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Hinted at this last night on podcast

Lucky guess

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Looks like he has really come on this year. 

2016 stats: 
Games: 8
Catches: 16
Yards: 258
TDs: 2

2017 stats:
Games: 7
Catches: 40
Yards: 619
TDs: 10

That's crazy improvement!    Thinking we may have caught a "sleeper" here... at least, a "late-bloomer".

Welcome to the family Austin!

Could be wrong but I think he just turned 17

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1