• Boca Raton Bowl Dec. 19 at 7 p.m. ET
    • St. Petersburg Bowl Dec. 21 8 p.m.
    • Bahamas Bowl Dec. 22 at 12:30 p.m. ET
    • Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl Dec. 26
    • Armed Forces Bowl Dec. 23
    • Frisco Bowl Dec. 20
    • Other

5 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Vote for anything other than the N.O. Bowl and you need your head examined.

Rick

I voted HOD for the extended practice time/being around football.  We have a ton of young kids who need as much time in the system as they can get.  Yes you get same number of practices, but the days is what I like.  

• Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1

The Frisco bowl is going to have smu vs the Mac.  It can’t hold a unt utsa or la tech.

i have fallen in love with HOD with New Orleans being right there too. 

Give is poinsettia or Vegas too.

GMG

P.S.- could Wren pull some magic and get us into a Texas or Alamo bowl?  Independence would be great too!

• Upvote 1

Torn between the Armed Forces and HoD..

Armed Forces because I think it would be 1-nice to play at TCU and turn it green along with downtown FTW, 2- we have not played in FTW and would be interesting to see how many fans come out to the game, but the biggest strike is playing someone like Army again for possibly the 4th time in 2 years..

HoD would be my #2 in terms of if it being in Dallas (but I just don't like Dallas in General).. But the HoD would likely be a better opponent and possibly a bigger crowd because of just being played in the Cotton Bowl. 

-------------------------------------------------

10 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

ESPN has us projected against Army in the armed forces bowl in both of their projections but has Marshall in the HOD against Oregon or UTSA against Utah State in the HOD... Ummm... No.

http://es.pn/2hINbdc

The other ESPN projection had UTSA vs Memphis in Frisco.

Honestly would rather see UTSA play Memphis at Frisco, but I just have a feeling (have not watched a Memphis game) that they would run it up on us.. Also they have DD who may have some ill-feelings to UNT still?

Also, I know Oregon has been down and I would be okay playing them, but how is Oregon doing? I'm just fearing a FAU like game and that could/would turn away alot of potential fans to come back next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, NM Green said:

P.S.- could Wren pull some magic and get us into a Texas or Alamo bowl?  Independence would be great too!

I think the biggest problem with the Alamo bowl maybe that UNT has not traveled well to SA to play UTSA. But I would think a solid number of UNT fans would go down for the game for a bowl game vs a P5 regional team like K-State compared to playing UTSA

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

*clears throat* Some of us graduate on December 16....

I'll take any of the DFW bowls for one more year.

Have to agree, and i would assume teams wouldn't like that bowl because of practice team and classes.. Also, I really doubt New Mexico is an option for us. 

I don't like the FL options, New Mexico likely wouldn't be a sexy match up either, and Frisco is to small..

Give me Armed Forces or HoD, and dreams of the Alamo bowl as my pie-in the sky choice. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Have to agree, and i would assume teams wouldn't like that bowl because of practice team and classes.. Also, I really doubt New Mexico is an option for us. 

I don't like the FL options, New Mexico likely wouldn't be a sexy match up either, and Frisco is to small..

Give me Armed Forces or HoD, and dreams of the Alamo bowl as my pie-in the sky choice. 

I would be thrilled to go to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl.

However, if Heart of Dallas and Armed Forces are the two most realistic options, then give me which ever battle that won't be a rematch.

• Haha 1

Frisco Bowl because I'm selfish. I'd rent an RV and tailgate my ass off. I live a stone throw from the stadium. Plus, I've seen how much the city rolls out the red carpet for sports. HOD is cool but we just go then get the hell away from Fair Park as fast as possible. New Mexico would have horrid turn out. If the Alamo somehow were in the picture I'd go crazy. Armed Services against Army is cool but damn I hate the triple option. No to anything Florida. New Orleans is way to early and on graduation day so no.

However, as a life long North Texas fan who's been here through a lot of ugly years, I'll take a damn bowl game anywhere, anytime.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, wardly said:

Bowl Projections as of this morning have us in New Mexico playing S.D.S.U. or in Ft. Worth playing Army. While I would prefer not to play Army 4 times in 2 years I think it would do wonders for our recruiting in Cowtown, which is basically non existent.

Agree about the UNT needing to step up the FT game, and I would like the challenge of SDSU (arent they ranked or at 1 time ranked?)