Reviews of the Facebook broadcast?

Harry

4 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It was grainy on the feed at Fuzzy’s through the first quarter.  Then I refreshed the browser and then it was great.  Zero buffering.  I liked it being commercial free.  I’m surprised no one called that out yet.  Plenty of shots of the Mean Green faithful.  I wished they’d interviewed some of them the way they did with LA Tech fans.  Same for tailgating (assuming there were Mean Green tailgaters).

commentators talked through all stoppages of play, was very nice.  watching utsa/fiu now and they have the stadium logo while on timeouts...not sure why the difference in the broadcasts....watched numerous games on stadium this year...VERY GOOD!!!!  blows espn3 away

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It was grainy on the feed at Fuzzy’s through the first quarter.  Then I refreshed the browser and then it was great.  Zero buffering.  I liked it being commercial free.  I’m surprised no one called that out yet.  Plenty of shots of the Mean Green faithful.  I wished they’d interviewed some of them the way they did with LA Tech fans.  Same for tailgating (assuming there were Mean Green tailgaters).

Had the same thing, was casting it and every other series or 2, I would have to disconnect then reconnect.. But still a solid feed

16 minutes ago, UNTX said:

I streamed the game thru the Facebook video app via AppleTV and the video qaulity was so bad I couldn’t even see the ball on the screen.  It was just as bad when watching on my iPad directly thru the FB app.  Anyone know what I could have doing wrong, for future reference?

The video feed allowed for you to 480p, 720p etc.. no idea but maybe that was it?

• Lovely Take 1

I loved everything about it except one thing (although no one else has mentioned it, so I'm wondering if I just imagined it).

I was watching it during a 2 year old's birthday party, so I had momentary distractions from the game as I caught a kid about to faceplant into the fireplace or something. The screen would show 3rd&10, then I look away and it's 1st&10, and they get 5 yards and it's 4th&5. I'm no scientist, but it seems like someone wasn't doing a very good job of keeping up with what down it was.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Those bashing on ESPN3 should remember one thing.  There are two very different feeds on ESPN 3.  If you are watching a ESPN produced feed then it is generally a very good production (commentary maybe not so much).  ESPN3 also picks up feeds from other sources (from the schools themselves, etc....) and those tend to be not so great in the production quality.

I think that's one of the problems with ESPN3. Sure by paying for cable you get access to a wide cross section of games, but a lot of them (90 percent of UNT games) aren't great quality and they're piggybacking off whatever yokels are calling the game. The UTSA game with annoying SA announcers comes to mind. That's where I think Stadium/FB fills a void. Not sure how they monetize it, but if they're able to, they're on to something. 

I thought it was great. I lost feed once, but that is neighborhood Spectrum issue. Picture quality was great. I watched first half on desktop while resolving a wi-fi driver issue on laptop. I watched second half on big screen TV. Lot of crowd shots, especially NT green section. They really gave NT a lot of credit, often showing stamdings and mentioned our record against teams that won bowl games last year. Interviews with Seth and Mason at the end. I loved the broadcast, of course the win made it much sweeter.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, UNTX said:

I streamed the game thru the Facebook video app via AppleTV and the video qaulity was so bad I couldn’t even see the ball on the screen.  It was just as bad when watching on my iPad directly thru the FB app.  Anyone know what I could have doing wrong, for future reference?

Probably your ISP, home network, or combination of both.

• Upvote 1

I streamed it on my 4K 65" TV and it was perfect.  No issues great quality. Loved the no commercials.  Can't remember the last time a college game lasted 3 hours,  I thought play by play and color was great.  

Ok, guys i get the sideline girl was hot but she was terrible.  It's as if they allowed her to interject when she wanted to.  Her two interruptions about the coaches spending 10 min talking to her and some guy on her flight in town was the worst thing ever.   I don't care how hot she was she was painful to listen to.  Let the game come to you and she didn't. 

But kudos to the broadcast.  that being said.  Can we get on regular tv please??  Only three games this year,

• Upvote 2