English Status

El Paso Eagle

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

With the season past the half way mark, I'm thinking he should stay away from football this season so he can get complete well.  Even if he doesn't get another medical redshirt.

Upvoted you, because - I'm guessing - someone else out there is grumpy and wants English even if for just one game.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

With the season past the half way mark, I'm thinking he should stay away from football this season so he can get complete well.  Even if he doesn't get another medical redshirt.

If he can play (and won’t risk farther injury), he will be in I would assume.. they do the rotation and playing he would only improve the depth even if he played 3/4 plays on every couple of drives to start off

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Can we just assume he is out till they say otherwise? 

I’m sure it will be brought up in the presser tomorrow, and likely it will be something Bryce will tweet out himself 

No we cannot! The front seven (six??) needs him too bad! And if they want people to stop speculating, they can put out some info.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, outoftown said:

No we cannot! The front seven (six??) needs him too bad! And if they want people to stop speculating, they can put out some info.

We all would rather have him for 2/3 more years than him play a few games and this come back even worse...

English wants to get out there, SL wants him out there, Reff wants him out there and so does Yellock... English will play when ready and its a weekly question from Vito to SL (normally one of the first ?s)

• Lovely Take 1

On 10/30/2017 at 10:02 PM, outoftown said:

Need him to what, lead the West?  We're already there.

Prevent a shellacking in Boca? Be honest with yourself.

All things considered, at this point he's probably sitting out.  If not for next season, then for his health**

One last thought: I think the silence is exactly why we can stop speculating.

+++I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE HIM PLAY, THO

Edited by greenminer
  • Lovely Take 1

Whether he is 100% or not, it would be nice to get him some game reps in garbage time before the season is over. Maybe he won't be a difference maker this year due to injury but I'd like him to feel the speed of the game before season's end. The young man hasn't played in a live game since 2014.

• Thanks 1

Just listened to Littrell's presser. 
Of course he was asked about English's status.

He mentioned "compliance", and "looking at options"... sounds like he doesn't expect him this year, and would like to get him another year of eligibility. 
Made it sound like English would only return if he gets healthy later and he doesn't get the additional year of eligibility.

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Just listened to Littrell's presser. 
Of course he was asked about English's status.

He mentioned "compliance", and "looking at options"... sounds like he doesn't expect him this year, and would like to get him another year of eligibility. 
Made it sound like English would only return if he gets healthy later and he doesn't get the additional year of eligibility.

He is going to be 3 years removed from playing football. The NCAA better give him an extra year, and in reality, it should be two for not giving him his hardship waiver for last year. 

7 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

i think we won't he won't get another year of availability (because of our track record) and if he can help at all, even if it's just the bowl game, he should play.  

Possible (heck, probable), but I'm glad Littrell is doing his due diligence now.   If we can shut him down and let him get fully healthy for next year while gaining another year of eligibility, then great!    If no extra year is granted, get him as healthy as possible, then play him!

7 hours ago, Venson said:

Anyone have updates on his status now? Seth didn't mention anything in his press conference yesterday about him. He did mention that Wheeler will be back and that's good news to try and slow down Army's triple option.

Would assume and think it is safe to assume he is out till told otherwise.. Pretty sure everyone or most everyone follows him on his social media and when anything breaks it will be a breaking news event. I'm going to guess they are still trying to find out about the medical/hardship waiver on top of him doing rehab before he can practice. 

4 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

I'm convinced he is never coming back. I just hope when he does that he lives up to the hype. Being out of football for so long...scares me. 

He looked impressive in the spring game.. but so did the entire front 6 with them getting pressure... No idea if they were just ahead, OL sucked then, or what.. but Bryce stood out