I’m Gonna Say It

AustinFromUNT

8 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I am sick and tired of the alumni side not doing anything during the game. I am hoarse from screaming after every game and I look over and the alumni side are all sitting down. Get off your butt and cheer on our team.

I'm gonna say it...your Mean Green Balls haven't dropped. Stop trying to be a hero

i stand up and cheer all the time and my voice is hoarse for at least one day if not two after a game.  It does not seem to help at all.  We should have put these guys away in the 1st half but let them stay in it.  20 points and 146 of total offense yards in the first half.  The defense did pretty well the first half.  Two tds are the on ST and the wilson fumbles lead to six points.  Dropped passes, unsportsman like conduct penalties (3).  Murray cost us a TD on one.  Granted on one of the unsportsman call the OD player should have gotten an oscar.  The refs blew that call.  He was hardly touched and falls down.  The team is losing focus and it coming apart at the seams.  I hope we don't go to bowl this year because we will get killed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I am sick and tired of the alumni side not doing anything during the game. I am hoarse from screaming after every game and I look over and the alumni side are all sitting down. Get off your butt and cheer on our team.

Many of the folks you're chiding have stood & yelled at the top of their lungs about 10X as many times as you have.  You learn after years of blown-3rd-after-blown-3rd to pick your battles.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, LETitFLYguy said:

I yell and so does everyone else I sit around on the Alumni side. You are the perfect fan though, maybe next game you can rally more than 200 students to the game. 

Also, Austin's previous profile pictures on facebook indicate he was an aTm fan recently.  

Hmm I’m curious as to which profile picture you’re referring to.

• Upvote 2

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! I'm an alum from 2014 so I'm still in my mid 20's but the student section has become unbearable so we bought tickets to the home side.. and christ people, I could have thought it was bingo, (UTSA game BTW). It was incredible how, how should i say this, YAWN, from everyone beside my friends and I, and the annoying looks I received  when we hot loud was crazy.  The football game isn't the opera guys, we can get loud on 3/4th downs and stand

26 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

That’s a cover photo not a profile picture. Just saying.

Come stand with me in the student section next time.

YES! AND WHOEVER DOWN VOTED YOU, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, I'M CALLING YOU OUT PERSONALLY AS A FAN!

Edit with 3 down votes: how many non UNT fans have you brought to games, how, many games have you left without a voice from the 3rd downs?  I sat on the home side for the 1st time ever during the UTSA game and was asked to be quiet and sit down, let it be known I was very civil and just did the yells on 3rd down. This behavior can't stand from the older generation, it's not like there's bear byrant trartion there. If your knees hurt to stand then get a suite or come see me for PT but do not ask me to be quite for me team!

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 8

I support you. Keep up the good fight. You are making more fans of the MEAN GREEN!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Yep. Pretty sure if you found posts I made seven years ago I said the same things Austin does.

Yeah, how about that awesome student turnout tonight? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, AustinFromUNT said:

So because people don’t show up that means that people who do shows up shouldn’t cheer?

I applaud you Austin, I'm probably one of the younger alumni but YES! EVERYONE should cheer and be on your feet. It's a damn football game not the F'n opera. You knew what you were going to when you bought the tickets.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1