UNT officials to break ground Oct. 28 on stadium for soccer, track & field

Harry

35 minutes ago, EagleD said:

What is a sand based soccer field?

From the Interwebs....Sand-based athletic fields are utilized by many professional sporting facilities as they provide efficient drainage, thus allowing games and matches to be played during rainfall. Improved filtration is also imperative to the prevention of common fungal diseases that occur in sports turf.

This guy says they don't work (but could). https://puyallup.wsu.edu/turf/sand-fields/ 

7 hours ago, meangreen08 said:

I'm ready for a Baseball field.  

WB said they would have 3/4 years.. I would think after the Soccer/Track Stadium and the IPF.. They have updated the Tennis complex, Swimming is swimming, and volleyball seems to have a nice area.. So I would think its either then baseball or setting up something for the superpit.. 

Where would the baseball field even go is my question? 

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

WB said they would have 3/4 years.. I would think after the Soccer/Track Stadium and the IPF.. They have updated the Tennis complex, Swimming is swimming, and volleyball seems to have a nice area.. So I would think its either then baseball or setting up something for the superpit.. 

Where would the baseball field even go is my question? 

Wren said a baseball field in 3 to 4 years? 
i remember some architect plans circa 2011-2012 had it somewhere next to apogee on the other side of Bonnie Brae?

2 hours ago, meangreen08 said:

Wren said a baseball field in 3 to 4 years? 
i remember some architect plans circa 2011-2012 had it somewhere next to apogee on the other side of Bonnie Brae?

I want to say there was a tweet or interview from WB and he said baseball would be something in 3-4 years after other sports were addressed/updated.. but I could be wrong about the 3-4 years and confusing it with something else

• Upvote 1