Feeling a little guilty about my deal with the devil

Harry

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE LOST TO BOTH FAU AND UTSA THEN BEATEN ONE OF THEM?!

I just want to be sure about that, on the record, you would rather us be coming off of two straight conference losses right now than what happened?  

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yes.

U8jpakt.gif

Man...not sure I can help you there... good luck with all of that.  

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yes. My expectations are to be 6-6 this year while being competitive in every game. A game like what happened Saturday can have a tremendous psychological effect on this team. A vulnerable team that is usually going up against teams with more talent, has to have the psychological advantage in their favor. Though we ran out to a decent start, it would not be surprising in the least bit to see us sputter to a 1-4 or 2-3 finish at all. 

So, put it on the record. We are more than likely not going to be division champs. It's just not on the cards for this team. I would have traded 1-point losses for both games to they can maintain their mental psyche and competitive edge. For now, we have no idea what will transpire. We have no idea how this team will bounce back and we have no idea how they will perform vs a 2-5 ODU team. There is a reason we have no idea and that reason is 69-31. Put it on your record, I guess? 

way to walk it back!

maybe we've had it wrong the whole time. instead of QB, you should be playing CB with those backpedaling skills!!!

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

U8jpakt.gif

LOL

Just now, Cerebus said:

U8jpakt.gif

1-point losses or just competitive games in general tell me we are turning a corner. Last Saturday showed me otherwise. It's just the same old shit. And attendance, or lack thereof, will confirm to you that people will be in agreement. 

1 minute ago, golfingomez said:

way to walk it back!

maybe we've had it wrong the whole time. instead of QB, you should be playing CB with those backpedaling skills!!!

LOL

Talk it back. That's not talking anything back. That's the reasoning to my entire point. We're playing a 2-5 team at home. Would you put money on UNT today? UNT has opened at -9.5. I wouldn't dare put 50 cents on that. I don't trust it. 

I have been very disappointed in the Defense all year.  Not so much in the scores but in their fundamentals and swagger.  They have neither.  They are constantly out of position and show poor tackling skills.  I think there is decent talent there but its time to consider a new Defensive Coordinator. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2017 at 8:30 PM, Harry said:

Can’t help but think my desperation to win the Texas at San Antonio game in some way led to the disastrous outcome against FAU.  In hindsight, and despite the painful 69, I probably would still have taken that deal and considered it a bargain.

Hey.... this is a family friendly website! 

On 10/22/2017 at 8:30 PM, Harry said:

Can’t help but think my desperation to win the Texas at San Antonio game in some way led to the disastrous outcome against FAU.  In hindsight, and despite the painful 69, I probably would still have taken that deal and considered it a bargain.

Did you sign something in blood? Or meet a mysterious coach under a goalpost at midnight?