Stadium Seats

sgt206

At my age you tend to repeat yourself but....

...what former Dallas Cowboys Super Scout Gil Brandt said about Apogee Stadium on a tour before it opened:  " It's a Taj Mahal of College Football (and I've seen them all)".........anyhow, that was good enough for me.  Still is.

I only wish we needed seats for about 35-40,000 students, alums & Mean Green fans.  One day we will, but not sure in some of us older nestor's lifetimes. 

We could fill a 40K Apogee if we played at least one Big 12 school in it every Fall.   Think of all the Mean Green fans at the last 2 HOD Bowl games & then if we played UT, OU, or an  Oklahoma State plus all their traveling fans?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

6 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It’s not like we don’t have options.  If you don’t like the benches, pay a little more for seat backs.  If you don’t like the seat backs, pay more and get the club seats.  Still not happy?  Pay a lot more and get the padded leather (?) seats in a suite.  It all comes with a price tag.  Asking the University to upgrade the seating but not expecting to pay more for those seats is just silly. 

Or go to Academy and buy one.

16 hours ago, sgt206 said:

I guess I'm just used to the seats at Collins (Guyer and Ryan High) and Coppell's stadium too.  I don't go to TU's stadium or any other "big" college.  Just happened to see UMHB and thought how great it'd be for us.  Here's a pic.

umhb1.jpg

C.H. Collins has chairbacks throughout?  I thought it was only in the season ticket section.

I prefer the bench seats because it encourages standing throughout the game.  Just my preference.

I get the argument for seatbacks, and think the bench seats with backs that $mut have are a good option. Maybe start with putting them just in the season ticket sections. However, as someone who played at one of the biggest high school stadiums in the state, and now works in a town with a lower level erector set stadium, to compare Apogee with that is ludicrous.