Hail or High Water: Our Growing Group Will Be @ Apogee For ODU Game

PlummMeanGreen

That group of UNT alums might now be up to 4 (maybe even 5 by kick-off).   My former UNT roommate said by all means get him a ticket (again) because he really likes the Apogee Game Day environment, especially as it was for utsa.  Forget FAU!  It's done!  Over!  No one has committed suicide last I heard.

I'll be up in Mean Green Country this Tuesday to get (up to 4) tickets for the North Texas/ODU game this Saturday with its 5:30 PM kick-off.  Meeting a fellow alum at the Ranchmen's Cafe in Ponder for lunch.

FWIW and that might be about .02 but.....I am intrigued with the development of this football team---setbacks and all.   Can't wait until both DL's are in the Defensive lineup. Maybe its this week for both? 

:Yes: YES WE DO!  We finally have all pistons running at the same time in Denton, folks.  An upwardly mobile UNT administration & Board of Regents who see the need to upgrade across the board & are raising serious money (the Indoor Practice Facility as one example) to prove they are all about action.  

Easy to say that the IPF will be the 2'nd most important venue at the Mean Green Village upon completion.

:wow: >>>>>>>>>> When we first started playing Darrell Royal's Texas Longhorns in the 70''s, UT students still showed up en mass against some school called North Texas (State).  Who the UT opponent was didn't matter to their students. They still packed their section.  Back then, UT gave us decent sideline seats and we brought thousands of Mean Green fans.

Beat ODU! 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

That group of UNT alums might now be up to 4 (maybe even 5 by kick-off).   My former UNT roommate said by all means get him a ticket (again) because he really likes the Apogee Game Day environment, especially as it was for utsa.  Forget FAU!  It's done!  Over!  No one has committed suicide last I heard.

I'll be up in Mean Green Country this Tuesday to get (up to 4) tickets for the North Texas/ODU game this Saturday with its 5:30 PM kick-off.  Meeting a fellow alum at the Ranchmen's Cafe in Ponder for lunch.

FWIW and that might be about .02 but.....I am intrigued with the development of this football team---setbacks and all.   Can't wait until both DL's are in the Defensive lineup. Maybe its this week for both? 

:Yes: YES WE DO!  We finally have all pistons running at the same time in Denton, folks.  An upwardly mobile UNT administration & Board of Regents who see the need to upgrade across the board & are raising serious money (the Indoor Practice Facility as one example) to prove they are all about action.  

Easy to say that the IPF will be the 2'nd most important venue at the Mean Green Village upon completion.

:wow: >>>>>>>>>> When we first started playing Darrell Royal's Texas Longhorns in the 70''s, UT students still showed up en mass against some school called North Texas (State).  Who the UT opponent was didn't matter to their students. They still packed their section.  Back then, UT gave us decent sideline seats and we brought thousands of Mean Green fans.

Beat ODU! 

GMG!

Plumm, you are one of the most ardent, dedicated Mean Green fans I've ever seen. God bless you and...GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Plumm, you are one of the most ardent, dedicated Mean Green fans I've ever seen. God bless you and...GO MEAN GREEN!

Many on this board put me to shame in that department, but since 1973 I've seen a few games & a bunch of wins. (Thanks, HG).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

If you don't show up because of the weather forget calling yourself a fan.  LETS GO GREEN 

7 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Many on this board put me to shame in that department, but since 1973 I've seen a few games & a bunch of wins. 

GMG!

I love it.  I'm a senior in hs and have been to nearly every unt football and basketball game since 2010. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, diehardUNTfan said:

If you don't show up because of the weather forget calling yourself a fan.  LETS GO GREEN 

I love it.  I'm a senior in hs and have been to nearly every unt football and basketball game since 2010. 

As the old man in "The Green Mile" told his lady friend after he left "the mile" to work with teens & what his new motto became which was ...."Get em' while they're young."

GMG, diehardUNTfan! 👍👍 

• Lovely Take 1