Morning after and I've calmed down.

GMG24

OK.

The year we beat Tennessee & Houston in a most memorable year for many , I think we lost to Oklahoma State to the tune of 61-7.  Many thought "great gobs of gooey gravy whats Fry doin' to us here in already his 3'rd year!"😡

I know FAU is no Okie' St. but sometimes a team with decent talent will still  get its head handed to them on a silver platter in one "lost weekend" football game.

GMG!

18 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

When I was in college, I had a speech class that required me to do a report from an executive about the direction of their company. I chose Steve Sloan, our AD at the time. He was glad to grant me the time and so I scheduled it for a week later. 

On the day I went in there, I asked about the future of the football program and about going to Division 1-A, as he had plans for us to move up in the years ahead. This was in the fall of 1992. When I asked about us being able to compete at that level, considering our location, I figured it would be greeted with a lot of enthusiasm. I couldn't have been more wrong. He talked about fundraising being difficult, he talked about the fact that the support we got from inside and outside of the university was just not there, and he said that we were moving upward because we could make more money. And what I liked about all of this was it was the truth. 

When I went back to my class to give this report, I talked enthusiastically about the plans, not revealing anything negative, just to be able to generate some interest and feedback in the class about the program. When I got done, and it was time for feedback, I got one comment and one question. The question was if we would ever join the Southwest Conference--I quickly pointed out that it wasn't in the cards, but there were other avenues to pursue for moving upwards. The comment I got, from the TA leading the class, was about the program even existing at UNT and how it was a drain on education. I walked back to my seat, so defeated, but I got an A on the report, so I guess that was the silver lining...

....and if you think about (down the corridor of years) all the other TA's and/or Professors who made comments like that in other classes and amongst the classrooms was athletes and/or Band and spirit members........small wonder we have (at best) a tepid spirit presence at the games.

5 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

OK.

The year we beat Tennessee & Houston in a most memorable year for many , I think we lost to Oklahoma State to the tune of 61-7.  Many thought "great gobs of gooey gravy whats Fry doin' to us here in already his 3'rd year!"😡

I know FAU is no Okie' St. but sometimes a team with decent talent will still  get its head handed to them on a silver platter in one "lost weekend" football game.

GMG!

Except that your example is of a school that had been around for much longer than 16 years when they beat us. And I bet that their coach had been around a lot longer than one year.

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Except that your example is of a school that had been around for much longer than 16 years when they beat us. And I bet that their coach had been around a lot longer than one year.

Enjoy the little things?

We have  talent that beat a school that's been schooling us in recruiting lately & has had our number since they opened for business.  

We beat USM in Hattiesburg & that is no small feat. 

In 1975 the year Okie' St. slaughtered  us I think they were average as far as Big 8 schools go.  Hellsbells!  Mitch Maher & Company almost beat the Cowboys of Stillwater when we were 1-AA.  

Heck!  Where am I going with this?  

🙃 Nowhere!

I'm hungry!  Olive Garden here I come!🤢

Edited by PlummMeanGreen