Old Dominion

greeneagle1

22 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

ODU will crush NT if NT comes out with another effort like tonight.  

NT is not as bad as they looked tonight, no team could be.   FAU is also not the world beater that NT made them look like, They will lose games. 

The only positive is a lot of teams that get embarrassed close to this level, come out on fire the next week. 

I hope you guys don't play any world beaters!  At least give us this week to assess what we may be since you have  no respect for anything accomplished by us this season. 

Edited by FAU Connoisseur
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

He was a UNT fan, but has since jumped ship because of how we lost last night.... 

You’ve got to give him credit for holding out this long. Because we all know there has been plenty of opportunity & reason to jump ship over the last decade....

• Haha 1

I think the FAU game was a wake up call. I believe the team will perform better. After the beat down they took at UTEP last season, they actually did respond better against Army in the bowl game and that was and still is a team learning to win. They didn't beat Army, but they came really close and Army is much better than ODU. I, for one, believe they will respond.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

I hope you guys don't play any world beaters!  At least give us this week to assess what we may be since you have  no respect for anything accomplished by us this season. 

Not sure how you get that out of that quote.  I assume you think FAU is going to have a lot more games like NT and go undefeated the rest of the year.  Everyone acknowledges that FAU beat NT as bad as a team can be beat.  What do you expect to find on NT's message board?  Not sure why you want it, but you have my permission to assess away.   

48 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Not sure how you get that out of that quote.  I assume you think FAU is going to have a lot more games like NT and go undefeated the rest of the year.  Everyone acknowledges that FAU beat NT as bad as a team can be beat.  What do you expect to find on NT's message board?  Not sure why you want it, but you have my permission to assess away.   

I honestly think FAU's next 3 games all can be losses for them if their opponents prepare correctly. 

• Downvote 1

To our doubting Thomases who think all is lost.

ESPN Half Time Report

North Texas......14

Big 10 Iowa.......10

👉🏻 3-4 consecutive solid recruiting classes & we could win these kind of games & probably have more DL depth when we lose players like Kansas State transfer & defensive lineman English.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

ESPN Half Time Report

North Texas......14

Big 10 Iowa.......10

👉🏻 3-4 consecutive solid recruiting classes & we could win these kind of games & probably have more DL depth when we lose players like Kansas State transfer & defensive lineman English.

GMG!

I am not sure if pointing to an almost 3 TD loss to what is becoming a pretty mediocre Iowa team is a good thing. This is called pointing out a moral victory, at the very best, and passing it off as a band aid for a 40 points loss to 3-3 FAU.

• Downvote 3

19 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Please tell me you are kidding or have only been following the program 3 or 4 years.

Been following the program over 25 years and I'm joking about 70 but I'm also serious. FAU just did. Think about that. FAU. Unreal. Pathetic isn't even strong enough of a word.

47 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Been following the program over 25 years and I'm joking about 70 but I'm also serious. FAU just did. Think about that. FAU. Unreal. Pathetic isn't even strong enough of a word.

Oh my comment wasn't towards you, it was towards @AustinFromUNT for saying this is the best NT team he has ever seen.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I am not sure if pointing to an almost 3 TD loss to what is becoming a pretty mediocre Iowa team is a good thing. This is called pointing out a moral victory, at the very best, and passing it off as a band aid for a 40 points loss to 3-3 FAU.

Granted, but it showed we hung with a Big 10 football program for at least one half, so no need to say the sky has completely fallen on top of us.

GMG!

3 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Granted, but it showed we hung with a Big 10 football program for at least one half, so no need to say the sky has completely fallen on top of us.

GMG!

True. But Iowa is a methodical, huddle up team that wants to impose their will on you, not their technical scheme. 

And the sky most certainly hasn't fallen on us, but the #NewDenton moniker lost some lust and I don't think there is no denying that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

True. But Iowa is a methodical, huddle up team that wants to impose their will on you, not their technical scheme. 

And the sky most certainly hasn't fallen on us, but the #NewDenton moniker lost some lust and I don't think there is no denying that. 

so you are denying it???

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

so was #NewDenton a little on the horny side and went limp?

Edited by untbowler
  • Confused 1

On 10/22/2017 at 9:12 AM, southsideguy said:

We will never be a UF or a TCU because we will never have the money they have.

I loved the comment until I saw this.  I understand  aspiring to be the Florida Gators  is unrealistic  but TCU.  North Texas has more untapped resources in the pockets of local alumni than any school in DFW area. If we got 20% of the money that local alumni spend on the Dallas Cowboys, Macericks, Rangers, and their favorite Big 12 or top 25 program the department might even turn a profit.  We won’t get there cause vast majority of alumni don’t.  I thought I read the statics that 1 our 1800 alumni donate to the athletic department. Imagine if that were to Change to 1 out of 500.  That is why I complain about the lack of balance between passion and loyalty here.  You can’t critique the program reasonably without being pooed out/down voted.  “The person who informed you that you stepped in some shit and now some is left on the bottom of your shoes and it stinks is not the bad guy.”  But here they are.

Old Dominion isn’t going to roll over and play dead for us.  But if we lose I don’t want to hear any excuses

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2017 at 10:23 PM, Ben Gooding said:

Contemplating on doing other things. If the staff can't put in the time, I don't think I can either. 

lol 

4-3 and 3-1.

No hypotheticals here. How many times have you said that about this team?

4-3 and 3-1. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

ESPN Half Time Report

North Texas......14

Big 10 Iowa.......10

GMG!

After three quarters, it was NT  14,  Iowa 17.  We played them tooth and nail for three quarters and didn't wilt until Iowa scored the first of two fourth quarter touchdowns with 8:19 left in the game. The outlook is even better than you portray, IMO.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Aldo said:

lol 

4-3 and 3-1.

No hypotheticals here. How many times have you said that about this team?

4-3 and 3-1. 

One other. I didn't go to 2015 Homecoming to watch the Portland Fiasco. Wasn't worth it to me, so I didn't. Luckily.

That has been the only game where I have missed when in town. And I don't leave town on GameDay unless I have to, weddings, etc.   

32 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I loved the comment until I saw this.  I understand  aspiring to be the Florida Gators  is unrealistic  but TCU.  North Texas has more untapped resources in the pockets of local alumni than any school in DFW area. If we got 20% of the money that local alumni spend on the Dallas Cowboys, Macericks, Rangers, and their favorite Big 12 or top 25 program the department might even turn a profit.  We won’t get there cause vast majority of alumni don’t.  I thought I read the statics that 1 our 1800 alumni donate to the athletic department. Imagine if that were to Change to 1 out of 500.  That is why I complain about the lack of balance between passion and loyalty here.  You can’t critique the program reasonably without being pooed out/down voted.  “The person who informed you that you stepped in some shit and now some is left on the bottom of your shoes and it stinks is not the bad guy.”  But here they are.

Old Dominion isn’t going to roll over and play dead for us.  But if we lose I don’t want to hear any excuses

i agree with what your saying but moving the needle on the local alumni is proving to be difficult.  I brought my old college roommate to a game last year and he loved it.  He hasn't been back since.  I don't understand why more people do not come to the games.  I returned to Denton four years ago and have gone to all games (until UTEP this year).  It is more that the W or the L.  I have a great time with the people who sit around me.  If we could get the alumni who haven't been to game since graduation it might change some minds.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, southsideguy said:

i agree with what your saying but moving the needle on the local alumni is proving to be difficult.  I brought my old college roommate to a game last year and he loved it.  He hasn't been back since.  I don't understand why more people do not come to the games.  I returned to Denton four years ago and have gone to all games (until UTEP this year).  It is more that the W or the L.  I have a great time with the people who sit around me.  If we could get the alumni who haven't been to game since graduation it might change some minds.

I'll have such an alum at Apogee for the ODU game who was also my college roommate.  This will be his 2'nd home game in a row--he's still talking about "The Drive" & didn't even flinch or change his mind about coming to the ODU game when I told him about the FAU disaster.  

Imagine:   If we'd each brought a fellow alum or new fan with us for the UTSA game approximately 40,000 would have been the turnstile count at fabulous Apogee Stadium & the Denton Fire Marshall would have had a major cardiac.

GMG!  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1