Humble Pie For All

UNTLifer

Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine FAU spanking us like they did, but in the back of my mind I was a little worried because of all of the attention paid to last week.

The Players and Staff:  Enjoy your serving for the letdown after last week.  The attention was Rat Poison, as Saban likes to call it, and you fell for the hype.  Reff, Koontz, Yellock, Brown, etc... on the defensive side must go back for sexonds and thirds.

The Fans:  This is what we get for focusing on the fan meltdown on the UTSA board, talking bowl games, talking about other programs poaching ojr staff, messing with uniform juju, etc...  I still stand by my 8-4 prediction but let thoughts of 10-2 enter my mind too many times this week and started bragging on our team.

Reff and the D staff: you have to eat the leftovers.

This should be a great lesson for the team.  I believe we have the leadership in place to respond accordingly and to use this to motivate us moving forward.  FAU exposed our poor defense and provides a blueprint for every future opponent.  That, plus a couple of our players that had preseason accolades and NFL aspirations are playing way, way, way below their potential need to either play better or be shown the pine.  Nothing on D was acceptable.  We were passive, let FAU dictate everything, had zero urgency and played like we didn't want to be there.  

I would ban the team from social media for the next week.  They can earn it back with their performance.

8-4 regular season.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 4
  • Downvote 5

Cute pep talk. Something for like an unexpected 10-point let down on the road.

UNT. Allowed. 69. POINTS. To. FAU. Reread that 10 times. 

This is a season defining loss. This is a coaching staff defining loss. I thought that was UTEP last year, but they overdid themselves. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 14

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Cute pep talk. Something for like an unexpected 10-point let down on the road.

UNT. Allowed. 69. POINTS. To. FAU. Reread that 10 times. 

This is a season defining loss. This is a coaching staff defining loss. I thought that was UTEP last year, but they overdid themselves. 

Welcome back Eeyore.  What a loser's mentality.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Welcome back Eeyore.  What a loser's mentality.

Not at freakin all. The loser mentality will be the weak minded person that will allow him or herself to talk them down from this loss as a "no big deal", you know, the UNT way. THAT is the loser mentality. 

Pointing out a team that lost to a mediocre Buffalo team just hung 69 on us as a season defining loss is realism. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

I had NT with a losing record this year. So far they’ve beaten my season prediction and probably will finish at or above .500. I’ll take it,  I guess. Just a shame to lose to a conference opponent in this matter. If anyone’s underestimated Kiffin, this is just the beginning. The recruiting he’s pulled off in his short time is just going to get better.  He won’t be at FAU long, but he’ll do enough to put them in a position to dominate CUSA for years to come...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

A lack of basic math skills coupled with the emotional stability of a toddler with autism.

tenor.gif

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Personal doesn't bother me.  I am too old with to thick of skin.  I am worn out with the F bombs and other profanity when my 11 year old is sitting here beside me.

tumblr_inline_o23d3eayLk1rwpb4e_500.gif

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

tenor.gif

tumblr_inline_o23d3eayLk1rwpb4e_500.gif

Yep, but I don't expect anything different from you.  If you were talking to me with my kid present using that language, I would call you out.  I don't expect you to understand.  

Back on topic, care to explain why you call this a season defining loss?

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep, but I don't expect anything different from you.  If you were talking to me with my kid present using that language, I would call you out.  I don't expect you to understand.  

Back on topic, care to explain why you call this a season defining loss?

Call me out, eh? 

4 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Describe to us the joy you feel when people react to your obnoxiousness....and do it without a predictable gif. 

Well, to be honest, I like to push Lifer's buttons. He's a proven dickhead to me and it's obviously easy to do. I take no pleasure in posting easy copy and paste gifs. Though some of the good one's can be funny when placed in just the right context. 

• Downvote 2

• Harry locked this topic