Calling Out The Defense

cdizzle86

5 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Some of you guys are wound a little tight.

OK, take FAU's points, and then divide them. They still win and I am still disappointed. It's not about being wound tight, it's about having a certain level of expectation from the things that you invest your time and money and typically getting 0 return on your financial and emotion investment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

OK, take FAU's points, and then divide them. They still win and I am still disappointed. It's not about being wound tight, it's about having a certain level of expectation from the things that you invest your time and money and typically getting 0 return on your financial and emotion investment. 

Put another way, add our points this week to our points scored last week in our "turning point" victory and we still lose to FAU by 9!

2 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

He’s retired, while Mac technically isn’t. 

McCarney never ran the defense, just the quarterback competition.

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Did you get zero return last week?  Amazing how some of you just ignore the positive.  By your reasoning, last week's win was all about recruiting since this week's loss was, yet half of you whine and say UTSA is whipping us in recruiting.  Can't have it both ways.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Coaching staff brought all their wives to Boca and must have had a fun time NOT preparing their football team.

IMG_5468.JPG

You have to be kidding... you have a family?? Ever spent 3-4 months away from them, I'm talking 6 am-7-8 pm maybe later for college coaches.  And done that for 6 days a week.  The one day you don't is show up to work by 2 pm and get home when everyone's asleep. 

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

You have to be kidding... you have a family?? Ever spent 3-4 months away from them, I'm talking 6 am-7-8 pm maybe later for college coaches.  And done that for 6 days a week.  The one day you don't is show up to work by 2 pm and get home when everyone's asleep. 

That is what the money is for!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Atleast I can see what pick up lines work on FL girls when I go for spring break, right? 

So atleast the team did something right, but I’m guessinf they couldn’t close 😕

"Hi, I'm from Texas......Everything is bigger in Texas"....?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Did you get zero return last week?  Amazing how some of you just ignore the positive.  By your reasoning, last week's win was all about recruiting since this week's loss was, yet half of you whine and say UTSA is whipping us in recruiting.  Can't have it both ways.

I didn't get to post about last weeks game. 

But last weeks game we were beat at the point of attack, on the OL and DL. We were not the better team and we did not have the better players. We just happened to score more points off some magical type of stuff. UTSA clearly had the better team on the line of scrimmage and it showed throughout the game. We were very, very fortunate to pull that game out. As far as it being a boosting stock because of last weeks win, no. If 2017 UNT football was a stock, I would put some low risk money into it and hope for a high return. If I lose it, which I probably would, oh well. I would not put high dollars in this stock right now. Too risky and tonight shined a light on that. 

And, uh, UTSA is whipping us in recruiting. I mean, are you living under a rock? They currently have better players, and are pulling in better players. SoOoOoO

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Oh perfect. 

I too have been thinking about having a bring your spouse to work and do nothing all day soon. 

Bradley-Cooper-Wow.gif

11 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

@Harry I request an angry reaction button be added.

Nice little NT funded vacation to Boca I see. Unbelievable and embarrassing.

Too bad your work place doesn't promote family.  First thing I ask when interview opens up for questions.  Coaches spend 90% of their day away from family, if family isn't a huge deal where I'm applying I ain't interested.  Coaching world has enough issues, if my family can't be around I'm out. 

Also this was the night before, and wives only picture FWIW..

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

That is what the money is for!!!

No money in HS coaching, just a love for your kids and the game. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Too bad your work place doesn't promote family.  First thing I ask when interview opens up for questions.  Coaches spend 90% of their day away from family, if family isn't a huge deal where I'm applying I ain't interested.  Coaching world has enough issues, if my family can't be around I'm out. 

If you or anyone else can show me that the same group of wives traveled to Iowa City and Hattiesburg, I will retract my comment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sure. And I understand that.

But with the sun bathing at the pool + the significant other trip (I pray that it was paid on their own dime) + 69 points = a smelly shit show. 

I mean 69 points. 69. 6-9. There are people literally on here kind of like, you know, predictably beating around the bush as if we should just look beyond it and take solace in other things. Just, like, overlook it. It's comical. And the UNT I have so closely come to know. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

If you or anyone else can show me that the same group of wives traveled to Iowa City and Hattiesburg, I will retract my comment.

So you *itch about them taking one trip, and in the same breath want proof of multiple trips taken? Come on man.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

tenor.gif

So you *itch about them taking one trip, and in the same breath want proof of multiple trips taken? Come on man.

Well, it shows correlation. Or in this case, the lack thereof. 

• Downvote 2

Just now, GMG24 said:

A trip to Boca is not a "oh we miss our husband trip". A trip to Boca is a vacation. If they had gone to those other locations I would sympathize with your point. This is ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Sure. And I understand that.

But with the sun bathing at the pool + the significant other trip (I pray that it was paid on their own dime) + 69 points = a smelly shit show. 

I mean 69 points. 69. 6-9. There are people literally on here kind of like, you know, predictably beating around the bush as if we should just look beyond it and take solace in other things. Just, like, overlook it. It's comical. And the UNT I have so closely come to know. 

Who said I was good with the score? I thought they'd kick our ___.. didn't think our D was ready for Baylor tempo nor their quality RBs.  I think pool day today was bad idea, again I'm not a coach on staff and I can't see their reasoning.  They saw it necessary for some reason.  Maybe kids practiced tight all week, trying to get them to calm down.  Idk?  Coaching is 80% psychology 20% execution 

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

A trip to Boca is not a "oh we miss our husband trip". A trip to Boca is a vacation. If they had gone to those other locations I would sympathize with your point. This is ridiculous.

Ok.  You're the AD you're trying to make the job attractible.  A trip to the other destinations... not so much? Quit _itching about stuff that has no Bearing in our game. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Who said I was good with the score? I thought they'd kick our ___.. didn't think our D was ready for Baylor tempo nor their quality RBs.  I think pool day today was bad idea, again I'm not a coach on staff and I can't see their reasoning.  They saw it necessary for some reason.  Maybe kids practiced tight all week, trying to get them to calm down.  Idk?  Coaching is 80% psychology 20% execution 

I didn't say you did. 

With the things coming to light, this was almost hilariously bad. The wives traveling there and almost undoubtedly trying to be involved in the some of the team functions/planning, or at the very least pulling coaches away here and there. The apparent absolute lack of preparation. 69 points. I can't get over that number. Like I said, I don't even expect Bama to roll that number on us, let alone Florida Atlantic University - Boca Rotan. Apparently, a nice vacation place....Apparently.  Oh, then maybe we need to hire a shrink. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1