Calling Out The Defense

cdizzle86

We will still make it to a bowl, and we may still win the Western Division, but our defense will keep us from competing for the conference title. That is just sad. We have all watched this defense struggle throughout this season. Something has to change.

5 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

I just got word that Beyond The Green is going to be entirely about the players hanging out at the pool  before the game. 

Atleast I can see what pick up lines work on FL girls when I go for spring break, right? 

So atleast the team did something right, but I’m guessinf they couldn’t close 😕

6 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

I just got word that Beyond The Green is going to be entirely about the players hanging out at the pool  before the game. 

That...and a closing shot of the scoreboard...then fade to black.

I guess they should've been in tone with preparation more than sitting pool side. 

Refute should be shown the door...Tonight. I don't give an eff how good of a guy he is or how much of a players coach he is. This is far, far and away more than just "struggling." This has been a season full of struggle with a huge explanation point of suck tonight. 

Not sure how a regime overcomes something of this nature, and I mean that. I don't ever recall an up and coming being dog tailed like this and/or being able to overcome it. If so, enlighten me. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I guess they should've been in tone with preparation more than sitting pool side. 

Refute should be shown the door...Tonight. I don't give an eff how good of a guy he is or how much of a players coach he is. This is far, far and away more than just "struggling." This has been a season full of struggle with a huge explanation point of suck tonight. 

Not sure how a regime overcomes something of this nature, and I mean that. I don't ever recall an up and coming being dog tailed like this and/or being able to overcome it. If so, enlighten me. 

Agreed, about Reff.. he should have been on thin ice since SMU, the whole bend but don’t break vs UAB and UTSA is not acceptable.. 

My question is who takes over play calling? Yes it’s a dumb question but a legitimate one that needs to be answered.. I’m guessing Brown does? 

1 minute ago, unt37 said:

Anybody who is actually mad/disappointed at them for going and taking a swim before the game is ridiculous. 

I think it’s a legitimate reason when you give up 460 yards at half and nearly 800 for the game.. just shows they were not focused like they should be.. 

If they were studying that is different but taking selfies, calling out fans for leaving with the 1:10 left then crapping the bed is bad

• Lovely Take 1

Lol guys they were trying to get kids to relax and loosen up.  If you've never tried to get kids ready to play a big game after they've won a HUGE game, you'll never understand.  Idk that I agree with pool day today but I damn sure won't question it.  Littrell knows his kids better than any of us.  Defense got drove early, but offense helped 0.... tell me how our first three drives went.  Defense can only be on field so long before the gas tank becomes empty 

6 minutes ago, unt37 said:

Anybody who is actually mad/disappointed at them for going and taking a swim before the game is ridiculous. 

Are you kidding?  They aren't there to get a tan.  Focus on the game and enjoy the pool IF you win.  My coaches would have us on the bus/plane, total silence and running when we got home.  Not only for the lack of performance, but for jacking around before the game.

I got caught playing golf one day by my coach when I was scheduled to pitch that night.  I was scared to death that he would see me, he did, and nervous when he gave me the look and told me to get home early enough to rest up before the game.  This was Pony League of Denton Boys Baseball.  

Edited by UNTLifer

11 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Agreed, about Reff.. he should have been on thin ice since SMU, the whole bend but don’t break vs UAB and UTSA is not acceptable.. 

My question is who takes over play calling? Yes it’s a dumb question but a legitimate one that needs to be answered.. I’m guessing Brown does? 

Good lord hell no!! My best guess if Littrell fired Reff is Koonz or Littrell took over

12 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Brown?  With the way the DB's are playing?!  No thanks.

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Good lord hell no!! My best guess if Littrell fired Reff is Koonz or Littrell took over

I would think Koonz as well but he hasn’t been here as Brown and I figured brown would be selected bc of knowledge of scheme.. i have no idea if you can change a defense either at this point in terms of scheme either

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Brown?  With the way the DB's are playing?!  No thanks.

That is because of his time in the scheme.. also, all the position groups have been bad outside of the DL

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

The scheme ain't working

hard to tell outside of the DB's getting burnt. I saw tons of missed tackles. Seems like Defense needs to get back to simple hard nosed hitting football. Saw way many arm tackles and guys not go full on the hit.