Embarrassment in Boca

UNTexas

This team is an embarrassment today. This is UNT at its finest. Great win last week followed by completely falling apart. Same ole UNT. I've stopped watching UNT twice. Portland State and now FAU. I'm embarrassed for this team and our university right now and it's the second quarter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Mike Jackson said:

Experience for Quarterbacks that haven’t played this year is what I want to see.  We know what we have in Shanbor and Fine.  I honestly think those 2 are about the same.  Fine has a leadership ‘it’ factor that makes the difference.

I'm not seeing "it" today. I see a lot of quitters in green today but no leaders. That includes the coaching staff. Sad but Kiffin really is a much better coach. They were ready from the first snap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Big, emotional win last week and FAU had two weeks to prepare. Not making excuses, just making an observation. Bound to happen to everyone. However, I would like to see a little fight. Maybe and second half showing to make it somewhat respectable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Why go for it on the 50, down 7 in the first quarter?  I mean coaches put D in a hole there. 

i like going for it on 4th at the 50....too often teams give up and punt....it's just a yard....unfortunately, fine's foot was stepped on and all hell broke loose...i hope he keeps going for it on 4th

• Upvote 1

Seems like any time we get a bit of momentum as a program, our weaknesses are revealed the following week. Those wins we just had doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The students will just see the thrashing we took this week in the student daily. They will have no desire to attend the coming game. Our school is lukewarm at best in attending football games. There has to be sustained winning for anything to change. How long do we have to wait for such a change to consistent winning? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I'm not seeing "it" today. I see a lot of quitters in green today but no leaders. That includes the coaching staff. Sad but Kiffin really is a much better coach. They were ready from the first snap. 

The ‘it’ shows up in competitive close games.  Hell, even if you put Michael Jordan on one those horrible 20 win Mavericks teams of the past they aren’t going to compete many nights.  If you want a football comparison reference Steve Young with Tampa Bay.  When a team is out match physical and mentally one player’s ‘it’ factor isn’t going to flip the whole game.

Anyone who thought Kiffin couldn't coach or win at this level was kidding themselves. That's a relatively young and experience mofo. Yes he's shady as all get out, but he's turned this team around. 

Is that an excuse for our performance? Absolutely not. This is all on our coaches. Still a lot of season left and still a division championship within grasp. Very young team and I'm not going to meltdown based on one game. Too much potential shown up to this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Anyone who thought Kiffin couldn't coach or win at this level was kidding themselves. That's a relatively young and experience mofo. Yes he's shady as all get out, but he's turned this team around. 

Is that an excuse for our performance? Absolutely not. This is all on our coaches. Still a lot of season left and still a division championship within grasp. Very young team and I'm not going to meltdown based on one game. Too much potential shown up to this point. 

The sad thing is our offense could do all the things FAU has done. the hurry up, the quick snaps, etc.. 

• Upvote 1